Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 2 (more)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
Wow, I really can't believe that I've been away from Tomahawk for almost nine years! Just got out of the Marines but am staying out here for a while. Hope to hear from anyone that I spent my crazy, drunken teenage years with!
Dana Tassler < bigtass@yahoo.com >
Carlsbad, CA USA - Tuesday, March 21, 2000 at 23:23:04 (EST)

Greetings! Anybody on line from the Class of '72? Only 2 years left until our 30th! Working on it? Would appreciate hearing from you all! AKA Zachary Taylor
Pam Boykin < Ptboykin@couriernet.infi.net >
Louisville, KY USA - Sunday, March 19, 2000 at 18:47:01 (EST)

Geetings from LALA Land (LA, CA). I was born and raised in Tomahawk. Graduated from THS in'57 and moved away to go to college. I have many fond memories and good friends in the area. I brought my wife to Tomahawk several years ago for a short visit and she loved it. So we are coming back this summer for Yesterfest to renew aquaintences. Look forward to a GT.
Bill Amend < billybob@flash.net >
San Pedro, CA USA - Saturday, March 11, 2000 at 13:31:30 (EST)

Hello from K-Town! Been fishin up on the river for 20 + years. Hope to get up this weekend and fish scoopbay,if you don't get to much snow Jake
jake < jrs5@execpc.com >
kenosha, wi USA - Thursday, March 09, 2000 at 11:36:01 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk. What a wonderful way to find out what is going on in my favorite Northwoods city. My Dad (Hank Mitchell) loved living up north - fishing and hunting. He passed away 2 years ago & I still miss him greatly. My Mom is alive and well, working at the Community Bank - so if you go in there - say hi to Bernice from Barb. Thanks for the wonderful access to this quiet little place Mom now calls home.
Barb (Mitchell) Ackeret < BAck923362@aol.com >
Saukville, WI USA - Monday, February 28, 2000 at 08:19:25 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk, I am in chicago showing my sister your homepage we are both from there and our father is a resident,I am visiting and I am getting ready to go back up north in gods country. Have a great day and thanks for the page
Michael Hanke < saintmichael4u >
chippewa falls, wi USA - Monday, February 21, 2000 at 12:27:02 (EST)

To Chuck Crass, When is the next class reunion for the class of 1947? Hi Sambo are you out there? Contact The greatest hunter in the Northwoods at maxie@hitter.net Blair Thompson
Blair Thompson < maxie@hitter.net >
St Pete , FL USA - Sunday, February 20, 2000 at 16:56:27 (EST)

Hello everybody!!! I thought I schould write you guys. I had a great time in Tomahawk. Maybe I'll be back in summer.
Marcel Alesi < ester.alesi@t-online.de >
Gruibingen, Germany - Friday, February 18, 2000 at 08:43:15 (EST)

My wife's maden name is Raab. Her ancestors settled in Tomahawk, from Austria, and her father moved to the 'big city' of Detroit to find fame and fortune. He started as a cabbie and ended up an owner of a grinding shop. John is now 82 and hasn't slowed down yet. We visited there in the early 80's and loved the place... Later think spring!!!
Fred Buike < lunatic1@prodigy.net >
Shelby Twp, mi USA - Friday, February 18, 2000 at 00:42:26 (EST)

My wife's maden name is Raab. Her ancestors settled in Tomahawk, from Austria,and her father moved to the 'big city' of Detroit to find fame and fortune. He started as a cabbie and ended up an owner of a grinding shop. John is mow 82 and hasn't slowed down yet. We visited there in the early 80's and loved the place... Later think spring!!!
Fred Buike < lunatic1@prodigy.net >
Shelby Twp, mi USA - Friday, February 18, 2000 at 00:41:57 (EST)

Hi from a Hatchet Creek "gonna be"! 4 more years as a snowbird before I can come to stay. Meanwhile, any friends/neighbors from the Rapel Rd area on Nokomis....drop me a line. Can't start too soon gettin' acquainted with my new neighbors to be. C'mon Spring......PLEEEEEEZ !
Jim Kindler < lionjimk@yahoo.com >
Waukesha, WI USA - Wednesday, February 16, 2000 at 20:50:17 (EST)

Like many others who signed I'm a native of Tomahawk. I decided to move south 4 years ago. And although I have been able to enjoy the warm weather of AZ and TX I may be deemed insane becuase I miss the snow and cold in Tomahawk. :)
Stacy Schiltz < lknokomis@yahoo.com >
Houston, TX USA - Tuesday, February 15, 2000 at 22:51:07 (EST)

Wonder how many of my classmates are still with us on planet earth?
Maxine Thompson Lemke < maxie@hitter.net >
Inverness, FL USA - Monday, February 14, 2000 at 18:56:33 (EST)

Love the website! It's great to keep up on the events in Tomahawk where I still have friends & family. I grew up in Tomahawk, graduated in '95, and now reside in sunny So. CA. Please feel free to e-mail me!
Sara D. Adams < adams@eesi.com >
San Diego, CA USA - Thursday, February 10, 2000 at 16:14:00 (EST)

Well, man. I couldn't even get it right the second time. Here's that E-Mail address again in case anyone's interested.
Elaine Gill Wheeler < susie2q47 >
Hutto, TX USA - Monday, February 07, 2000 at 16:58:32 (EST)

Well, guess I'll join the club of others who didn't know how to enter their E-Mail address. Let's try it this time and hope I did it right. Bye!
Elaine Gill Wheeler < susie2q@aol.com >
Hutto, TX USA - Saturday, February 05, 2000 at 17:23:28 (EST)

Hi, y'all! We just got on line and I'm green as grass about this, but the first place I wanted to see was the Tomahawk Leader. Then I found the guestbook. What a great idea! Maybe I can rattle the woods and shake out some of the class of '65 and thereabouts. How about you, Lee Ann, Phyllis, Hal, Jerry, and all you "Bradley kids". Would love to hear from any/all of you. Like I said, I'm really green at this, but I'll learn. Love reading about Tomahawk. Now I can keep in touch. In case anyone wonders, Hutto is just outside Austin.
Elaine Gill Wheeler < susie2q >
Hutto, TX USA - Saturday, February 05, 2000 at 17:21:22 (EST)

Just wanted to say hello to all my friends and family back home!! Hope your living it up on the snowmobile trails!! I know I would be!! Hope everyone has a good year and I will hopefully get some vacation time to see you all soon!!
Sonia Reichelt < sonialee_1@excite.com >
Fairborn, OH USA - Tuesday, February 01, 2000 at 08:57:23 (EST)

Just want to say hi to everyone I knew there. Drop a line to me sometime.
Kathy Jackson < k.bj@prodigy.com >
S. Gardiner, ME USA - Monday, January 31, 2000 at 18:47:33 (EST)

I've noted the ice depth on the trails report, but can someone tell me what the water/ice level in on Lake Nokomis. Last spring/summer/fall it ranged from well into the boat houses to as much as 4-6 feet down. Was the water low before it froze over? Were weedbeds along the shore exposed before cold weather? I'm curious about the likely effect upon my friend Mel Miller's dock. His place is on Rapel Rd. just across the lake from the dam. Thanks.
Robert J.Doolittle < rjdoo@webzone.net >
Tulsa, OK USA - Thursday, January 27, 2000 at 20:28:21 (EST)

What a great web site and perfect way for those of us out of state to keep up with what's going on in the Home Town. Hi Alexis & Cody!
Lori Pierce
Oklahoma City , OK USA - Thursday, January 27, 2000 at 15:40:38 (EST)

I'm another one of those "spent all my childhood summers... and now I bring my own daughter..." Although our family place is in Irma, Tomahawk is my favorite. It will probably be another 20 years, but I'll be up there to live permanently when I retire. I couldn't live without the peace of mind Wisconsin gives me "North of the Tension Zone" Help Girls Grow Strong -- Buy Girl Scout Cookies!!!!! (I have an earlier listing in the Guestbook, but I now have a new e-mail address.)
Laura Stream Wijkowski < laurasw@flash.net >
Chickasha, OK USA - Wednesday, January 26, 2000 at 19:27:16 (EST)

Member of High School graduation class of 1941. Hi to classmates. You can contact me at above e-mail address. Best Wishes Maxine
Maxine Thompson Lemke < maxie@hitter.net >
Inverness, FL USA - Tuesday, January 18, 2000 at 11:53:17 (EST)

Greetings from the Valley of the Sun- have lived here in Arizona for six years, moved from Chicago to Tripoli and now here - Graduated from Tripoli High in l943 - Would love to hear from old friends and classmates!!
Agnes H. Hegber (Mantyla) < sauna2000@hotmail.com >
Glendale, Az USA - Saturday, January 15, 2000 at 16:11:40 (EST)

From the valley of the sun - am looking for old friends and neighbors - have lived here for six years and moved from Chicago to Tripoli and now Arizona. Was born and raised in Tripoli and attended schools there - graduating in l943.Write me!!!
Agnes H. Hegber (Mantyla) < sauna2000@hotmail.com >
Glendale , Az USA - Saturday, January 15, 2000 at 16:06:46 (EST)

Happy New Year!! All is good here. Hope everything went smoothly wherever you are. Have a peaceful Y2K!!
Josh Karl < mohawksin@aol.com >
Omaha, NE USA - Saturday, January 01, 2000 at 04:46:35 (EST)

Happy New Year, Tomahawk! I am the former Debbie Smith, Class of 1969. I now work for a daily newspaper, The Daily News, in Huntingdon, PA. It is really great to see excerpts from around Tomahawk on this site.
Deb Shope
USA - Wednesday, December 29, 1999 at 15:38:08 (EST)

First of all I wish all you people a merry christmas and a good start for the new year 2000. My question is, if anyone can tell me somthing about a german pupil named Jannis Cordts, who is staying since summer 1999 for one year. His father and me we are at the same school here in Hannover (Germany) and he wants to know, if there are some news in your news-paper about him. I hope you can help me anyway. Thanks and much greetings from germany Paul R. Hilpert
Paul R. Hilpert < redapplefilmmphhilpert@t-online.de >
Ronnenberg, Germany - Thursday, December 23, 1999 at 13:19:37 (EST)

Hello everyone, I wanted to wish all my family and friends back in Tomahawk a Merry Christmas. Just is not the same down here without the snow. Hope everyone has a great New Year, and cheers on the Badgers at the Rose Bowl. Take care.
Jody Walbeck < robinandjody@home.com >
Oklahoma City, ok USA - Saturday, December 18, 1999 at 14:46:35 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk. Ever since I found out about your website I have been checking in at least once a week. It is a great way to keep up on what's happening in my home town,not being able to visit very often. My mom Helen Beiler and a lot of my brothers and sister still live there and I keep up with them on local news too. But this site is great. Keep up the good work. I would like to wish everyone in Tomahawk a Merry Christmas and a fruit full new year. Phil Beiler (Class Of 65)
Phil Beiler < prccguy@pacbell.net >
Fremont, CA USA - Wednesday, December 15, 1999 at 18:12:33 (EST)

I want to wish my Mom (Carol) and Dad (Hank) Williams, and all of my friends and family in Tomahawk a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May 2000 be your best year yet. Love, Hope
Hope Williams < Krugs3@aol.com >
Oklahoma City, OK USA - Wednesday, December 15, 1999 at 14:38:19 (EST)

Hi I am a Tomahawk native now living in HB, CA. I have two Rose Bowl tickets for sale for the Wisconsin/Stanford football game in the Rose Bowl on January 1, 2000. Anyone interested in purchasing them, please email me at home: hmcginley@webtv.net or at work only until Dec. 17 hmcginle@cccd.edu. The ticket price on the face of the ticket is $110 each plus a handling charge charge by the U. of Wis. Please email me ASAP if you are interested in purchasing the tickets. Thank you for your interest. HM
Helen McCormick McGinley < hmcginley@webtv.net >
Huntington Beach, CA USA - Wednesday, December 08, 1999 at 15:43:55 (EST)

hey, my name is amanda garfield AND JUST LOVE TOMAHAWK! i've lived here my whole life and i visit this page every wednesday!!!! i'm a freshmen in high school and i just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work!!!!!!
amanda garfield < a_garfield69@hotmail.com >
tomahawk, wi USA - Thursday, November 25, 1999 at 21:24:16 (EST)

hey, my name is amanda garfield AND JUST LOVE TOMAHAWK! i've lived here my whole life and i visit this page every wednesday!!!! i'm a freshmen in high school and i just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work!!!!!!
amanda garfield < a_garfield69@hotmail.com >
tomahawk, wi USA - Thursday, November 25, 1999 at 21:23:57 (EST)

I have been gone from Tomahawk for two years now. I greatly miss the peace and quiet I took for granted for over twenty years. I'm really glad to see this website. It lets me have a little piece of home with me here in the windy city......send me an e-mail......
DeeAnne DeVoy(Vink) < cuppywink@aol.com >
Chicago, il USA - Saturday, November 20, 1999 at 01:04:56 (EST)

THANK YOU, TOMAHAWK! For a great time...We could not believe how beautiful your town and people where. Your welcome was so great the we all feel homesick now. You're the best. Special thanks to Eileen and Tracy for all your help and to The Four Seasons Motel for putting us up, you have a fantastic place there and we will certainly be back.
Eat A Peach Band <EAPBand@aol.com >
Chicago , IL USA - Thursday, November 18, 1999 at 21:54:39 (EST)

I was born in Tomahawk in 1923 and baptized in St. Mary's Church by Father Schmidt. I was delivered by Nurse Lund in the Wipperfurth house on Spirit Ave. When I was 12 we moved to Idaho. I've had a long journey and now live in Concord, Ca. I return to Tomahawk almost every year to visit my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins and 'kindergarten' friend. The North woods are beautiful as ever. I enjoy the spring flowers and birds. Betty Wipperfurth Gallagher gmag26@aol.com
Betty Gallagher < gmag26@aol.com >
Concord, Ca. USA - Tuesday, November 16, 1999 at 20:39:52 (EST)

Any one who is interested in protecting the Tomahawk/northwoods area from defacing by the WPS powerline project should check out www.wakeupwisconsin.com and the Tomahawk Leader's bulletin board. Write to the Public Service Commission, the governor, and state agencies before they give away OUR land to corporate interests!! (I live in MN, but own land in Price county and have family in Tomahawk.) Thanks to everyone for their support!!!!
Russell Berg <thebergs@mctcnet.net >
Mankato, MN USA - Saturday, November 13, 1999 at 12:17:40 (EST)

Hello, I'm a senior at T.H.S. I lived here in tomahawk for four year and love it up here. Except my lake keeps going dry and the schools a little to crowded for my liking.
Greg Gaughan < bubba_t_2000@hotmail.com >
Tomahawk, wi USA - Friday, November 12, 1999 at 13:18:49 (EST)

Hello everyone,I was born and raised in Tomahawk and graduated from the high school in 86. I now live in Oklahoma with my wife and two kids. I work as a flight simulator technician here.I am going to try to get back up to Tomahawk this spring after the snow melts there, ha ha.Drop me a line I would be glad to hear from you.
Mark Walbeck < walbeckmt@intplsrv.net >
Altus, Ok USA - Wednesday, November 10, 1999 at 19:11:08 (EST)

Correction on email address lksm@gateway.net Leland Montabon
Leland montabon
USA - Wednesday, November 10, 1999 at 18:27:53 (EST)

As I am a neophyte to computer use I hope I am getting to the Tomahawk Leader? To My classmates and friends. Spent my formative years in Tomahawk. Graduated H.S. in 1941 Then to engineering school. Drafted in 1943. Sent to the U. of Wisconsin, then to south pacific. Married to Shirley Pearce, we had three children, Alan, Lou amd Tina. Worked for General Electric Medical Systems for 37 years and now have retired and live in Colorado. Will be looking forward to our 60th class reunion in Tomahawk in 2001. Would enjoy hearing from any of you with or without a computer. My Email address is lksm@gatway.net. Regards Leland (Lee) Montabon
Leland Montabon
USA - Wednesday, November 10, 1999 at 17:02:04 (EST)

Hope I am getting to the Tomahawk Leader Guestbook?
Leland Montabon
USA - Wednesday, November 10, 1999 at 16:43:55 (EST)

Hello from Indiana! I think the world of this web site! I just wanna say that I love Tomahawk and all the people that live there! I vacation in Rhinelander every year and I have been for the past 28 years straight! But as always we make sure that we stop and visit good ole Tomahawk. My family and I sure like your speedway though the best! I take that back, I LOVE the beautiful scenery there the most! I am 31 years old but I plan on living up there someday after our kid graduates in 5 years. If anybody that reads this knows Gary and Alma Ramsey of Rhinelander, tell them Dennis from Indiana said hello and we hope to see them again next year. Also I would LOVE to hear from anyone else that reads this, please just simply e-mail me at the address below. Please check out my homepage at: members.tripod.com/d.medbourn/index-2.html
Dennis R. Medbourn <d.medbourn@mailcity.com >
Logansport, In USA - Monday, November 08, 1999 at 12:43:36 (EST)

Hello to all in Hatchet Creek. Miss not being able to fish King's Dam and Lake Mohawksin. Also miss the Moscow Mules at the Little Green Lake. I think Julio's fishing report is great. Keeps me in touch with the current conditions even if I can't be there. Thanks for a great web site.
Ron Zanko < rzanko@greeley-hansen.com >
Phoenix , AZ USA - Thursday, November 04, 1999 at 11:41:49 (EST)

Just wanted to say hi to famliy and friends thinking of you
Robert Lawrence < autumn1@localnet.com >
Rochester, NY USA - Tuesday, November 02, 1999 at 21:51:32 (EST)

Hi all you Roberts people!! Your paper makes me homesick, I read it often, thanks for the memories.
Mary McKibben < beaches@newulmtel.net >
NewUlm, Mn USA - Tuesday, November 02, 1999 at 18:55:42 (EST)

Helloooo Tomahawk!! Love the website. I can't wait to get back and see everyone again. Have a safe and happy holiday season.
Josh Karl < mohawksin@aol.com >
Omaha, NE USA - Monday, November 01, 1999 at 03:41:09 (EST)

My parents and I are from Texas. My brother, Gustavo, his wife, Becky, and my nephews live in Tomahawk. I find out what the weather is like and what's going on in their lives through Tomahawk Leader. I think it's great!
Thelma Buitron < tyb1119@aol.com >
San Juan, TX USA - Tuesday, October 26, 1999 at 10:31:57 (EST)

Bob Cupido, my old fishing buddy if you see this drop me a line, I miss fishing with you. I will be moving to Tomahawk in 3 or 4 years...I can't wait. I love Tomahawk, I visit every year in October. Just discovered the Tomahawk Leader...great paper..keeps me up to date. Thanks alot!!!
Jane Gavlitta < mejane@execpc.com >
Milwaukee, Wi USA - Tuesday, October 05, 1999 at 20:13:48 (EST)

This is great! My mother wonders how I find out what is going on in Tomahawk.
Jim Siesennop < JCSies@aol.com >
New Hope, MN USA - Friday, October 01, 1999 at 21:11:59 (EST)

I vacationed in Tomahawk during the 50 & 60's as a child with my family. We always went to Bradley Park. Leo was caretaker. We reanted our boats from Leon at Lake Ice Co. Each nite we would go into town and buy bait for the next days fishing. My dad would drink a beer with Leon and my mom would visit with Florence. Us kids got ice cold pop and candy bar. We went bullheaden on the "big bridge" some nights and there was a time we seen the northern lights. I hate that Bradley Park is closed to camping it was the highlight of my childhood. My dream of taking my childern there is dead. I also miss the totum pole just as you came into town and the old log cabin Chamber of Commerce being right there by Ben Franklin. We ate out only once while on vacation and that was at the A & W. We made some wonder friends during our summers like the Kaggo's, Webbs and Meyers. The Meyers always parked down between the shelter house and bathroom. The Kaggo's had these huge tents. Those were the days. I miss you Bradley Park. My brother lives there and I plan on moving with my own family next year. We were originally from Chicago. Thanks for this website I keep up with it all the time. I sure do appreciate it. I'd love to hear from anyone who camped at Bradley during the 50 and 60's. We may know each other. Love you Tomahawk and if you want to do a friend a favor. Re-open Bradley. We spent alot of money on our vacations. I've searched for a camp ground to fill Bradley's shoes and found nothing. Tomahwak you have a blessed treasure and don't even know it.
Janet < wjam@webtv.net >
USA - Friday, October 01, 1999 at 13:17:37 (EST)

My cousin Kathy gave me this URL to visit and see the HD pictures. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
Eric Stelter
CO USA - Monday, September 27, 1999 at 13:20:42 (EST)

Would like to here from anyone who knew my grandparents,"Don Scott" and who knew my mom ,"LeahJeanScottMartin"
Matthew Martin < Mauto@pacbell.net >
Chula Vista, CA USA - Thursday, September 23, 1999 at 23:42:05 (EST)

found this by accident love the paper will access it on a regular basis
bob tatlow < ratlow1@yahoo'com >
reading , england - Thursday, September 23, 1999 at 15:43:11 (EST)

I have a book I look at quite often, has the name KWAHAMOT '75 on the cover. If anyone recognizes the name, let me know. Thanks............
C arl Folz < clandbj@aol.com >
San Antonio, Tx USA - Wednesday, September 22, 1999 at 15:08:29 (EST)

This summer i met Sara Dahl and this site helps me fimd out more of where she is from.
Corey LaDuke < coreyladuke@hotmail.com >
Ketchikan, AK USA - Sunday, September 19, 1999 at 22:07:15 (EST)

I spent many summers in Tomahawk and look forward to coming back and visiting as often as I can. My grandparents were Esther and Everett Myers. He was one of the many "E" Myers that were born and raised in Tomahawk by his parents, Charles and Sarah Myers. I do a lot of research into genealogy and have many, many relatives still living in Tomahawk and the surrounding areas. I would love to hear from someone who knew of any of the Myers' children. My grand-uncle, Elvie Myers was, back in the 1940's, Tomahawk's only photographer. He operated Myers Studio. So, as you can see, I have roots here. And, as anyone who has ever been to Tomahawk, can say, the scenery is outstanding, the people are always friendly and outgoing and a visitor is always welcomed as a friend.
Sharon Dugan < Sharon@goPhotoArts.com >
Pardeeville, WI USA - Sunday, September 19, 1999 at 12:06:17 (EST)