Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tomahawk High School
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:37 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
Rumor has it that the reason Walker never finished at Marquette was due to his mudslinging campaign for student body president and possible "missing" paper work from the campaign that could have damaged him. Me thinks me smells a rat here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Very well written. Very good. Just my humble opinion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/opini ... ef=opinion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:50 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

walker does not know what he`s doing. He could have recieved what he wanted through bargaining. Now, he won`t want to back down. He has his own ego to blame.
'
http://www.minimubarak.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:26 am 
Contributor
Contributor

KEN wrote:
walker does not know what he`s doing. He could have recieved what he wanted through bargaining. Now, he won`t want to back down. He has his own ego to blame.
'
http://www.minimubarak.com/

Anyone who thinks Walker and Mubarak are the same does not have a firm grip on reality. To compare what is happening in Madison to the tragedy in Egypt is rediculous and an insult to Egyptians. Perhaps a week in the Cairo would help clarify the stark difference for you.

Deb Richardson wrote:
Rumor has it that the reason Walker never finished at Marquette was due to his mudslinging campaign for student body president and possible "missing" paper work from the campaign that could have damaged him. Me thinks me smells a rat here.

Rumor has it Walker was elected to governor of Wisconsin by 52% of the voters, has essentially done what he said he would during his campaign and has not done anything illegally or outside the realm of common practice for politicians.

Oh wait. That's fact. Nevermind. If you don't like it, Either don't vote for him or provide a stronger opponent next term.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Let's people often times make mistakes when they vote. Just saying...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:35 am 
Contributor
Contributor

That may be true, but that is probably because the average voter does little to no research on the candidates they vote for. I have a hard time finding sympathy in that situation.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Sadly it's not the just uninformed that have admitted to making a voting mistake. Mostly not the uninformed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:45 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I read that some reporter called Walker and told him he was Koch and Walker went on and on about his plan to bust the unions and so on and he accepted a trip to California all the while thinking he was talking to a supporter. The tape was made public and now the Attorney General has contacted Walker about illegal activity and Walker is planning a news conferance to resign.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

MORE NEWS FROM MADISON

I'm a bit skeptical about this one. I can see some amount of truth in it if the Attorney General actually is involved. I listened to the whole conversation between Governor Walker and the guy Walker thought was David Koch. I wasn't sure if it was illegal or not, but it certainly wasn't ethical. Anyways: Here's the Madison Post.

I just heard from an insider in the Walker administration that the A.G. met with Walker late tonight regarding illegal activities brought to light from the tape. Walker will be making an announcement on Friday where he will announce he is resigning!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

For those of you who haven't heard the tape........ what planet are you on?

Walker admitted that he had thought about planting agitators within the Pro-Union protestors. That's insane! He also admitted that he was pulling a ruse (lie) to trick the Democrats to coming back. That shows bad faith. He also agreed to a trip to Cali with the person whom he thought was David Koch once he succeeded in crushing the union. Why does this David Koch even have a say in our elections, he is not even from Wisconsin. The imposter only had to asked for an update and Walker started talking like a carnary. During the entire 20 minute of the conversation, not one mention of the budget deficit. Not one.

He exposed himself completely. He is a liar and a fraud. There is no need to cover up, or deflect blame to anyone else. Had he not been so intransient this would have never occurred. The democrats had been trying to speak to him and he would not make himself available. He did this all on his own. Its' over.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Governor Walker,

For the last 30 years I have called Wisconsin my home. Although it was never perfect, the Core Values of Wisconsinites, Honesty, Compassion, and Integrity have never changed. UNTIL NOW. I listened to the tape recording between you and the person you believed to be David Koch and I am DISGUSTED. It could not be more obvious where your true loyalties lie and that you are not looking out for the best interest of the People of Wisconsin. It is perfectly clear that you are only looking out for the interests of Scott Walker and your corporate masters. You have lost all credibility surely, but more important than that, you have lost the Confidence and Trust that the people of this State gave you just 4 short months ago. You have become a disgrace and a national joke. In short, I no longer believe that you can be an effective leader. I have heard rumor that you intend to announce your resignation friday and that would be a step in the right direction. I am sure that you could go work for Koch Industries being that it appears you already do. If you love this State as you claim that you do, please do not put us through the further embarassment of Impeachment Proceedings or a Criminal Trial. You know that what you did was wrong. If you have a conscience, I'm sure that you know that the right thing to do now is to step up, and step down.

These three posts I forwarded from Craigs List "Rants and Raves"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:42 pm 
General User
General User

Tie to Tomahawk: Cottage on Lake Alice since 1962
Spambot: No
Cat Are you sure you listened to the right tape.
Walker blew off everything this imposter talked about.
He constantly talked about his plan Listen carefully.
He never accepted a trip he said ya laughed and moved away from it just like the bat comment or the comment about the MSNBC women’s butt.
What’s wrong with you?
If you like Walker it’s a no Issue deal. If you’re a liberal you’re going to twist and turn this into everything you can it’s the Liberal way.
When you’re out of answers attack.
Just look at Deb’s comments, they have nothing at all to do with what’s going on.
A true in your face Liberal.
If anyone should be up for a Recall election it should be the 14 who have left.
Corporate masters do you know how much money the public sector unions have given the Democratic Party since 2008.
$400 Million Dollars. What about Bill Gates, George Soros, all billionaire donors to the Democrats.
Are you kidding me?
Look it up there was a write up on just a couple of weeks ago.
The only reason the unions are POed is because he’s going to end their being able to line the pockets of whom they want
Less union workers means less money coming in less money means less to give to the Dems.
It’s really quite simple.
Take a deep break and Wake up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:02 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tom and the rest ; I don't know anything about Walker, his plan, or his cronies. I like to read the "Rants and Raves" on Wausau's Craigs List. When I saw those posts about a tape and resigning I thought that was noteworthy. In actuality, I know nothing, nobody knows me, and I don't know nobody! But as far as being Liberal, conservative, lefty or a righty I am probably more of a Libertarian in that I think we all need LESS government in our **** lives.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 pm 
General User
General User

Cat.
Sorry if I offended you I apologize. Look up Libertarian on the net and see if you follow their party’s believes. Here’s just one site.
I think most people would be surprised at what they find. Later

http://www.lp.org/platform

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born and raised in Tomahawk.
Tom B - Here is what I know from listening to the tape: Walker is dishonest and arrogant. His #1 priority is not to balance the budget, but to destory unions as payback for political donations he received and to make himself out to be some sort of new Reagan. Disgusting behavior for the person who is the public face of Wisconsin.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:02 pm 
General User
General User

Yes your right Bring back that honest Guy Jim Doyle
Never met a hand out he couldn't sleep with.
yep your right.
Scott Walker won and the left is boiling in their skin.
Get over it its our turn.
We tried your way it failed.
Now we have to try and fix it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:11 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I never mentioned anything besides the way that Walker comes off on the tape. That is not how I want my Governor to act.

If you want to be represented by a guy who refuses to negotiate with working Wisconsinites but jumps at the chance to get on the phone with his billionaire donor, that's your choice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm 
General User
General User

First off they donated money to the RNC not Walker specifically.
Second if you were in politics and let’s say George Soros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet or the public sector union boss calls you.
You mean to tell me you wouldn’t speak to him or take his call.
Give me a break here.
3rd They all take their calls otherwise how could the same unions you’re talking about have given 400Million dollars to the Democratic National committee.
Either you don’t understand or don’t want to The State Is Broke. Broke. No Money.
I pay enough in taxes every single year as a matter of fact I pay the teachers’ pension and Healthcare Too.
So do you.
I don’t want to pay more do you?
It’s time they started to pay ½ of what we all pay in the private sector for benifits and Health.
Even when this passes it’s still a sweet deal.
I don’t know what teacher make up there but the average down here is over $80.000.00 Average!
Not a bad wage for 9 months Don’t you think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have time to comment on your entire rant, but here are a few thoughts...

1. "First off they donated money to the RNC not Walker specifically. "

NOT TRUE. "the Koch Industries' political action committee, KochPAC, gave Walker's campaign $43,000 directly (according to the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board)". This was in addition to all the money funneled to Walker from the Koch's through other means. http://readersupportednews.org/off-site ... koch-money

2. "Second if you were in politics and let’s say George Soros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet or the public sector union boss calls you. You mean to tell me you wouldn’t speak to him or take his call. Give me a break here. 3rd They all take their calls otherwise how could the same unions you’re talking about have given 400Million dollars to the Democratic National committee."

No, I wouldn't. Not if I had 60,000 protesters outside of my capitol building. Not if I had 14 senators in another state. And you can be hypothetical as you want, but the problem is Walker did pick up the phone when he heard Koch was on he phone and gushed about how great it was that he was busting unions. (Also, you have to be pretty gullible if you think a billionaire like Koch is going to personally call Walker's secretary and wait on hold 20 minutes to talk to Walker. I doubt Koch has that much free time on his hands and he also has 7 lobbyists who work in Madison in their lobby office which just opened when Walker became governor). Finally, obvious unions give money to Democrats because they are trying to offset corporate money. I would rather be on the side of the workers and unions than large multi-national corporations. It's obvious where you stand.

3. "I don’t know what teacher make up there but the average down here is over $80.000.00 Average! Not a bad wage for 9 months Don’t you think."

What fantasy land are you living in? Where is "down here"? In Wisconsin the average teacher's salary is $48,743.33, which is ranked 24th in the nation. http://www.teachersalaryinfo.com/averag ... onsin.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 pm 
General User
General User

This is the official excel DPI database of teachers wages by school district. Look up your own district !!!

The current budget repair bill would have them paying about 5.8% towards their own retirement….right now, we the taxpayer, pays 100% of their generous retirement, and most of us pay 100% of our own retirement too.

AND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO CONTINUE PAYING 100% OF THEIR GENEROUS RETIREMENT ? THEY HAVE SHUT DOWN SCHOOLS AS THEY DON’T WANT TO PAY 5.8% OF IT THEMSELVES ….REALLY?

** Note from the Webmaster - We've asked that rather than simply copy information from another site you link to that information. The link below contains the rest of the data posted, which was clearly copied, including the links and copyright info. **

http://itmakessenseblog.com/2011/02/19/wis-data-base-for-public-employees/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:39 pm 
General User
General User

XYZ1
PR Watch is indeed sponsored by many let’s say left side groups.
They are located out of Madison. Read their donors list.
One last thing and I will leave it alone.
Look up Richard L Trumka at The Blaze.com
Then tell me about your unions.

State Pension. Teachers belong to the Wisconsin state pension plan. That plan requires a 6.8% employer contribution and 6.2% from the employee. However, according to the collective-bargaining agreement in place since 1996, the district pays the employees' share as well, for a total of 13%.

Health care for current employees. Under the current collective- bargaining agreements, the school district pays the entire premium for medical and vision benefits, and over half the cost of dental coverage. These plans are extremely expensive.

This is partly because of Wisconsin's unique arrangement under which the teachers union is the sponsor of the group health-insurance plans. Not surprisingly, benefits are generous. The district's contributions for health insurance of active employees total 38.8% of wages. For private-sector workers nationwide, the average is 10.7%.

What about the tax payers rights??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:03 pm 
General User
General User

DPI Data base.
States own numbers. Not PC Watch dog groups
Tomahawk School district:
Average teacher Salary
Salary $51,238.00
Benefits $28.109.00
$79,347.00 Total
Average teacher’s salary with benefits we pay for.
Average only some higher some lower.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
I can respond to info from one of the posts.

There is a comment about a professor, Hector Deluca, in the link. You want to know why his salary is that much? How about because the patents he's generated for the UW bring in more money than any other professor on campus. The money from those patents funds the Biochemistry Department (where I work) and has paid for a large portion of a couple of the buildings on campus from what I understand. The building I'm sitting in right now will likely be named after him immediately after his death (they won't let the building be named after someone still alive).

Do you really want to complain about someone who likely contributes millions of dollars into the system every year? He is the former chair of a department that helps fund the entire college. I'd suggest thanking him rather than complaining about his pay. Especially since his income to the campus more than pays his salary.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:27 pm 
General User
General User

Yes Kerry;
I know all about him but if I had removed his name from the list I would have been accused of falsifying the list. I really only sent the list for the public school teachers I was not going to alter a list and have to explain later.
I showed a data sheet did you see me complain about any single person did I single him out like you did. Nope.
Now instead of talking about him what about the public school teachers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:32 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Quote:
The money from those patents funds the Biochemistry Department (where I work) and has paid for a large portion of a couple of the buildings on campus from what I understand. The building I'm sitting in right now will likely be named after him immediately after his death (they won't let the building be named after someone still alive).

Kerry, are you saying that you are doing this during working hours ! ! Oh my :o :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next