Northwoods Miscellanea

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Re: Northwoods Miscellanea

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Way to go Bucky! Ya can't win them all, if you don't win the first. So much for the BB pundits who rated Belmont as an upset over Wisconsin in Round One of the NCAAs.

The Badger team free throw percentage is almost a high as to odds of my sticking my foot in my mouth on the TLB. (Or that of Catfish posting a "groaner of a joke"!)
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm

It's nice to hear the sump pump running again. Spring is almost here!

(Where's my fishing gear???)

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.

Postby Deb Richardson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:14 am

Yes indeed Spring is on it's way. I saw fuzzy caterpillars wiggling across the road while walking last night. Time to think about opening up the camper.

And WOO HOO Bucky!
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 am

Saw a moth yesterday crawling up the picture window on the outside. Someone told me they were 'snow' moths that come up thru the snow in spring.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Bucky needed a "cut man" early, but looked great at the end!

Saw three cranes while on a drive to & from Point. Wonder what they feed on this time of year?

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Comments made in the year 1955!

That’s only 56 years ago!

‘I’ll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it’s going to be impossible to buy a week’s groceries for $10.00. ‘

‘Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won’t be long before $1, 000.00 will only buy a used one.’

‘Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging 7 cents just to mail a letter.’

‘If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store.’

‘When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 25 cents a gallon. Guess we’d be better off leaving the car in the garage.’

‘I’m afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying D**N in ‘GONE WITH THE WIND’, it seems every new movie has either H**L or D**N in it.’

‘Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $50,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn’t surprise me if someday they’ll be making more than the President. ‘

‘It’s too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet. ‘

‘No one can afford to be sick anymore. At $15.00 a day in the hospital, it’s too rich for my blood.’

‘If they think I’ll pay 30 cents for a hair cut, forget it.’
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”