Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:42 pm 
General User
General User

Sad to say a half of dozen other countries have worse records. Are you trying to use your account to justify involving the world in a war on Iraq? If so explain why we aren't waging war on the many other countries guilty of actions such as this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:19 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I just read the post trying to discredit Ann Coulter using a blog!!! Wonder how I missed that? It is hilarious!!

Man I think that is so funny. Using a “blog” as a reliable source. I think this is the second or third time you or someone else has done that to support your case.

For the benefit of those that may be fooled into believing those “blogs” are credible, you need to know what a blog is. Blogs are a cheap and easy way for anyone, as in even idiots and fools, can put up a professional looking web page regardless of their often-questionable credentials.

Ann Coulter, on the other hand is a well recognize, and yes conservative columnist that, is published in many of the nations top magazines and newspapers, both liberal and conservative in nature. She is also a best selling author (as in the real publishing world, not blogs-ville, hehehe ) She is also quoting real facts and regardless of her own political bias, they did indeed use that nazi to support their position. You can hang the messenger, but the message is still valid.

“blogs” as a reliable source…..ahhhahahahha that is so funny…….I’m sure there are some blogs that are just fine….. But one had better make sure they check the originators…a lot of those things are put up by wackos with a grudge.

<small>[ April 02, 2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: JFlosum ]</small>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:55 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.
"wackos with a grudge". Well said JFlosum, well said. That little phrase sums up Ann Coulter and those of her ilk on BOTH sides of the political spectrum quite nicely.

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:06 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Well Brian, I'm not sure I'd put Ann in that catagory, but you are right about BOTH sides of the political spectrum having wackos!! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8