wausau Labor day parade

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

wausau Labor day parade

Postby Old Scout » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Organizers of the Labor Day parade in Wausau say Republican lawmakers aren't welcome in this year's event.

That strikes me as acting just a bit childish, nothing like P***ing them off and ending up with giving them another reason for more changes.

Apparently they never heard of "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No

Re: wausau Labor day parade

Postby Kerry Tobin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 am

I wasn't sure it was a good idea either but I also didn't realize that it was a union organization that sponsored the parade. After hearing that, and their side of it I at least understand their reasoning...

aphephilia
Contributor
Contributor

Postby aphephilia » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Ludicrous! I just might make myself a sign that says "I am a Republican, what are you going to do about it?" and walk along WITH (not to be confused with IN) the parade!

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.

Postby Deb Richardson » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm thinking it's a good idea. The news report I heard last night billed the parade as a "family" event. Why add fuel to fire causing an unpleasant atmosphere for families.
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:14 am

If the people in Wausau were anything like some of the people in Merrill they are the ones that are adding the fuel to the fire. There were some people in the parade and watching that really acted like total fools.

I am impressed that the Mayor of Wausau had the guts to stand up and let the parade organizers know that the city wouldn't support a segregated biased parade and they would lose the community funding.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Return to “General Discussion”