Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Walker
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:34 am 
Contributor
Contributor

He sure does, "Never had sex with that woman."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:10 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born and raised in Tomahawk.
Spambot: No
"Shuster said that he had learned Scott Walker's attorneys had been seeking to have their client publicly cleared of wrongdoing for the last five or six weeks, in the run-up to the recall election. Prosecutors could not clear him, Shuster said, because Walker is a target."

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... 5764776e1c

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:15 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Talk to the employees at Lincoln Hills about the 4 years without a raise and being frozen for the next 3 years. Insofar as the amount Nicolet used for a conference, it truly pales in comparison to the taxpayer money Scott Walker spent flyng to CA, OK, TX, AZ, FL, NY and D.C. (where he lied under oath), especially with WI being broke and all! And isn't it ironic that millionaire after billionaire can GIVE thousands and millions to Scott Walker's campaign but they still need tax breaks for their corporate interests in WI? Is that called "trickle up" economics? And right on Ken - Bill says it like it is!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:42 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Sound familiar?

"Ex-state Sen. Orie gets prison term for corruption"

"Orie, 50, was found guilty in March of five felonies and nine misdemeanors. The charges, which included theft of services, ethics violations, tampering with evidence and forgery, stemmed from allegations she used her legislative staff to run fund-raisers and conduct campaign work. She has claimed the charges were politically motivated."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/polit ... ption.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Please take a few minutes and really think about Scott Walker's time in office so far.

He blatantly lied to the public about his plans.
    He caused the largest political rift in Wisconsin history.
    A large number of his closest staff are either being charged with crimes or have been granted immunity to testify against someone.
    He has created a legal defense fund which by law can only be done if you are the target of an investigation.
    He perjured himself while testifying before congress.
    He has directly attacked the legal rights of women and made it harder for veterans to sue over discrimination.
    He has removed the requirement for schools to teach young adults how to use contraception.
    His office in Milwaukee setup a secret computer network to illegally use taxpayer money and resources during his previous campaign.
    He may have illegally used state resources to release an unverified jobs report in support of his campaign.
    Etc, Etc, Etc.

Is this really the man you want to claim represents your values and beliefs? How are you going to feel in a few months if both the John Doe and FBI investigations charge him with multiple felonies? How will our state look then???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

No matter which side you are on, if you live in Wisconsin take your time and evaluate your beliefs and the issues. Ignore political parties, out of state influences, etc. Realize this has no bearing on the national political scene, it's a Wisconsin election. Educate yourself so you can make an informed decision and GO VOTE today.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:57 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
I'm seeing many smug attitudes as the election day downs. Odd the polls have yet to open. Regardless, it's not going to be over once the last ballot has been counted. The recount attorneys are waiting in the wings on both sides. There will never be a true victor, as Wisconsin will be in a state of turmoil for years to come.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:05 am 
Contributor
Contributor

You`re correct Deb.
Much of the damage and hatred caused by walker will be with Wisconsin for a long time.

He`s an evil little man, and his evil ways will linger like a stench over our great state and it`s people.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:58 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:

Who ever is behind this should go to jail for election fraud!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

KEN wrote:
You`re correct Deb.
Much of the damage and hatred caused by walker will be with Wisconsin for a long time.

He`s an evil little man, and his evil ways will linger like a stench over our great state and it`s people.

People really need to take responsibility for their actions. Walker is as much to blame for citizens arguing with each other as a sports team is when their fans riot. Both sides have been picking at the other side with plenty of name calling to go around.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:44 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

neup99 wrote:
Walker is as much to blame for citizens arguing with each other as a sports team is when their fans riot.

Wrong. Walker is THE reason Wisconsin is an absolute mess right now. Was it like this before he was Governor? No.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:16 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tic,Tic,Tic. We could go back to the Dufuss Doyle method and saddle the taxpayers with additional debt to make the union bosses and lobbyists content.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:53 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

XYZ1 wrote:
Wrong. Walker is THE reason Wisconsin is an absolute mess right now. Was it like this before he was Governor? No.

What he has done has nothing to do with how people react to it. Did he send flyers out directing that people refer to each other as "Libtards" and "Teabaggers"? Again, people need to be responsible for thier own actions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:15 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

tooten wrote:
Did he send flyers out directing that people refer to each other as "Libtards" and "Teabaggers"? Again, people need to be responsible for thier own actions.

I need to be responsible for calling you a Teabagger? Sure, I take responsibility for that. What does that even mean?

Unfortunately, looks like the downward spiral of WI is continuing....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:19 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

XYZ1, I know that you obviously pull some of your thoughts out of your behind, so muddled thinking is excusable, but please don't misquote me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:31 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

tooten wrote:
XYZ1, I know that you obviously pull some of your thoughts out of your behind, so muddled thinking is excusable, but please don't misquote me. Thanks.

Well put... anyways, I still don't understand what you're saying. You're saying that Walker is not responsible for any of the aftermath of his actions?

Do we not hold Charles Manson responsible for the teachings he gave his followers who committed murder? Sure, a bit of an extreme example, but same idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:26 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Guess it is all over but the crying !

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Quote:
Well put... anyways, I still don't understand what you're saying. You're saying that Walker is not responsible for any of the aftermath of his actions?

XYZ1 I'm certain that I don't write as well as either of the Mr. Tobins on this board, but I try to keep it simple. Apparently that "muddled thinking" is interfering with your reading comprehension as well. Quit whining, nobody likes a poor loser and Wisconsin certainly has seen enough of poor losers already. Give it a week or two and you can start back up crying about Romney making to much money in his lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Old Scout wrote:
Guess it is all over but the crying !

It seems there will be a lot of that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 am 
Contributor
Contributor

tooten wrote:
XYZ1 I'm certain that I don't write as well as either of the Mr. Tobins on this board, but I try to keep it simple. Apparently that "muddled thinking" is interfering with your reading comprehension as well. Quit whining, nobody likes a poor loser and Wisconsin certainly has seen enough of poor losers already. Give it a week or two and you can start back up crying about Romney making to much money in his lifetime.

I ask you a simple question and instead of answering it you resort to name calling.

Last edited by XYZ1 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I think our message board might be having issues (or something strange was done while posting) because I'm seeing a quote attributed to someone other than who wrote it.

Either way, enough with the name calling in either direction. Debate the issues and maintain your differences of opinion but be nice to each other in the process...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:55 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
Again, the smugness of those that think it's all over but the crying. As long as Walker is under investigation, as well as his former aides, it's not over. As long as the municipal clerks in our state are losing sleep over the henchmen sent in from both sides to 'observe' polling places and reporting back supposed illegal election practices, it's not over. As long as there are friends, family and neighbors no longer speaking due to being on opposite sides of the fence on this issue, it's not over. Until there is hardcore evidence that there is a willingness to work with the opposite side, it's not over.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Tie to Tomahawk: Born and Raised
I am truthfully sick to death of all of this complaining. Something I was taught at an early age was don't complain or dwell on something either you don't have control over or can't offer a logical solution to the issue. Are you going to run for office and make the change? Are you going to lend a helping hand when you see someone struggling to make ends meet? What are you going to do to make a difference? We can complain all day long and fight with each other over "what's right" political issues and legislature effect each person differently. Stop attacking each other and start attacking the issues. Help someone with their resume, point someone towards a place where they can find food and shelter, clean up a park instead of whining about it's future plans whether true or not. Frankly, start acting like adults, role models to our children, and supporters of our community.

I am off the soapbox now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hogsback wrote:
I am truthfully sick to death of all of this complaining. Something I was taught at an early age was don't complain or dwell on something either you don't have control over or can't offer a logical solution to the issue. Are you going to run for office and make the change? Are you going to lend a helping hand when you see someone struggling to make ends meet? What are you going to do to make a difference? We can complain all day long and fight with each other over "what's right" political issues and legislature effect each person differently. Stop attacking each other and start attacking the issues. Help someone with their resume, point someone towards a place where they can find food and shelter, clean up a park instead of whining about it's future plans whether true or not. Frankly, start acting like adults, role models to our children, and supporters of our community.

I am off the soapbox now.

Excellent post by someone that has done just that in at least one situation I know of...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Tie to Tomahawk: Born and Raised
Thanks Kerry and I can tell you that there is more coming down the road.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next