What happened to the Packer Defense

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

What happened to the Packer Defense

Postby Old Scout » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Wow, the Packer Defense really looked bad today! :shock:

It looked like any good High School team could have scored on them. Just like last year they couldn't stop the long pass and got burned on them time after time. I was hoping that they would have improved after being one of the worst defenses last year.

The 49r's defense in the mean time had a field day and lived up to the pre-game reports that I read about them.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

kmartell
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Grew up in Tomahawk in the 50s and early 60s, left after High School in '64

Re: What happened to the Packer Defense

Postby kmartell » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Being from Tomahawk, but spending the last 40+ years in CA Bay Area, I used to have a struggle with who to root for when the Niners played the Packers.

I gave up some years ago...the Niners are my team no matter who they play. AND I always root for the Packers when they're not playing the Niners.

Sorry about today guys...odds were in favor of the Packers, especially on home turf but maybe next time !!! 8)
Ken Martell
kenmartell@gmail.com
Thankful to be alive and healthy. Proud to call Tomahawk my hometown.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No

Postby Kerry Tobin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 am

The parts of the game I saw the offense didn't look too great either. One obvious interception and almost another pick later. If you had taken away Cobb I'm not sure they would have moved the ball at all. Looks like they'll have a lot of work to do on both sides of the game...

ski_lover
General User
General User
Tie to Tomahawk: Born and raised in Tomahawk, living in Colorado

Postby ski_lover » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:17 am

The Packers defense is no defense. There's no presence of a defensive line sans Matthews. They can't stop the run or pass so nothing's changed since last year. I'm beginning to question Capers and his vaunted schemes. The score doesn't indicate how lopsided the game was.
Offensively there was no spark except for Cobb. The Packers still can't run the ball, it doesn't seem to matter who they put in the backfield because the offensive line can't block, which brings me to asking what ever happened to "running to daylight?"
Finally, although I haven't been a Wisconsin resident since high school in the early 60's I'm still a Packer fan, I could never be anything other. The Broncos play a few miles away so they're my token AFC team.

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.

Postby Deb Richardson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:34 am

As a side note. The 49ers GM, Trent Baalke, is a Wisconsin native. A real class act, unlike one Packers GM. (My humble opinion.) Trent took time from his busy schedule to speak, at no charge, to the students of his high school. He also attended a JV football game. From all reports still the small town boy at heart. Go Niners!
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 pm

DEB , my buddy , my pal, Long time no see. :roll:
Where are you when I`m sticking up for Obama, and telling like is against Walker!?!? :shock:

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.

Postby Deb Richardson » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:45 am

Helllloooo KEN! I've been here watching. Figured most folks didn't take much regard in what I had to say, so for once in my life I sat back and said nothing. LOL
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Return to “General Discussion”