Don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying to get rid of electoral college vote, I was saying that too many IN STATE elections are determined by Madison and Milwaukee, and those cities represent only a FRACTION of the state!
The small cities, towns and rural communities are JUST as IMPORTANT to the state of WI, even more so, than the octopi public college system (remember Madison and UW Madison get a total of 3% of the state budget--seems small until you figure that one city and one college are getting that while the REST of the state gets the remaining 97%--if you really think about that, you realize how DISPROPORTIONATE that really IS) and the highest welfare receiving areas, which consist of Milwaukee, Dane County, Rock County and the "cities" of Janesville and Beloit.
If you cry "unfair!" at my statements. Yes, I understand Milwaukee is the biggest city in WI and Madison is the state capital, but even "small" Sheboygan county currently employs more people than either of those two areas and has much more manufacturing right now than either area, and much more working class than the other two areas (the "poor" in Madison really aren't working, they are homeless or on welfare or in government housing or in various government programs). Yet, if you travel around the state, it is evident that MOST of our state spending goes to the city of Madison and the university there, disproportionately higher than all the rest of the state colleges put together. Many parents, and students. now bypass the UW system for private schools like Marquette University, MSOE, Hezig, Lakeland, Concordia, schools in Minneapolis, and various tech schools. They are sometimes cheaper, and the education is much better and much more focused on most students' career goals, thus more financially efficient for the student. I came from Madison not too long ago and I can tell you that the student population there has not increased to justify its increased state funds or spending, nor continual requests for more state spending. The population is, in fact, beginning to decline due to excessively high tuition brought on by the hiding of funds and secret funneling of state and private funding into personal and pet university programs by those entrusted to dole out the funds properly, who obviously didn't. I wish we would see a student staged sit-in over this deliberate money mismanagement scandal.
That was long, but a good illustration of why Madison and corrupt Milwaukee politicians and parties should NOT RUN this whole state. The rest of the state needs to have MORE say in how things are run!
"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out"-Macaulay
"To conquer a nation, first disarm its CITIZENS"-Hitler