"epic fail" on jeopardy

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Eunice
General User
General User
Tie to Tomahawk: former resident

"epic fail" on jeopardy

Postby Eunice » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am

Anyone catch the "kids" Jeopardy where the middle schooler in the middle was upset over having the right answer but having it misspelled? He would have lost anyway because the kid with spectacles on the left not only had it spelled correctly, he also had gotten more right answers than he had. I applaud the kid with glasses for being so intelligent.

But the one I feel for really is the girl on the left. She thought Lincoln had issued the 2nd amendment instead of the Emancipation Proclamation. That is really scary!
So who screwed up? Her? Parents? Teachers? School?

Does anyone find it as scary as me?

You know what is said: "Those that do not know history are DOOMED to REPEAT it." (emphasis mine)

I think somehow Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson OUGHT to concern themselves with how history is being taught to Blacks in public schools. I don't think the white kids fare too well, either. I met an upper grade high school girl who didn't understand the phrase "throw the book at" in our conversation--she thought it meant a literal throwing the book at, not a colloquium. She was really embarrassed when I told her the meaning. I thought she would know the meaning since it is a common colloquium. She got offended when I told her that any kid I found cheating in my English classes I would "throw the book at" and she thought I meant that I would literally do it.
Last edited by Eunice on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out"-Macaulay

"To conquer a nation, first disarm its CITIZENS"-Hitler

Renee class of '80
Typical Poster
Typical Poster
Tie to Tomahawk: grew up there class of 1980

Re: "epic fail" on jeopardy

Postby Renee class of '80 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm

"What bugs me is she appears to be black or mulatto, and it is a shame that a person of her color would not have been taught the history of the civil war. Who do you think screwed up?"

Your post is screwed up. The race of a child has nothing to do with her answering wrong or blaming her teacher, who taught her, where she went to school or if she was home schooled. Jeopardy is difficult at any age, and the pressure of being on TV probably for the first time is bit overwhelming, has nothing to do with her color, race or religion. She just simply answered the question incorrectly.

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:19 pm

" I hate to think what public school she went to, because a home schooling mom would have to be really stupid to get that ONE wrong, especially for a "minority" girl and if she went to private school, I doubt it would still be in business if it produces kids THAT ignorant.
What bugs me is she appears to be black or mulatto, and it is a shame that a person of her color would not have been taught the history of the civil war. Who do you think screwed up? A spelling mistake is forgivable, but being THAT ignorant of history? If she were an adult it would be a crying shame and it would explain in part what is wrong with the people who teach Black America. They really OUGHT to know the history that is related to Blacks."

ODDS BODKINS !!!!! :shock: :roll:

Eunice
General User
General User
Tie to Tomahawk: former resident

Postby Eunice » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:33 pm

SORRY! But what are we coming to in America when our kids can't even get our own history right? Is this why I found a black instructor at my university saying bad things about Lincoln?? She didn't even know what he and his administration faced, because I questioned her on her history knowledge and I found it to be poorer than mine. What gives?? This was a history teacher!
"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out"-Macaulay

"To conquer a nation, first disarm its CITIZENS"-Hitler

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:19 am

Ah.... Abe Lincoln .

Named after a county in Wisconsin. :wink:
'
'

'

“Don't believe everything you read on the internet.”

― Abraham Lincoln

Mellisa_09
Beginner
Beginner
Tie to Tomahawk: My mother is from this lcoation

Postby Mellisa_09 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:30 am

Nice post

oldie83
Beginner
Beginner
Tie to Tomahawk: hometown

Postby oldie83 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:45 pm

If you ever watched Jay Leno & the "jaywalking" skit, you would be amazed at how many people are ignorant of the most simple subjects.

Return to “General Discussion”