Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Am I missing something?
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:06 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
OK, twice in a week we've had people get upset because we are supposedly removing things from an "opinion board".

The first one there was never anything posted about it and I have yet to see anything reporting what the poster had said. We didn't remove any posts on the subject but I did close that topic because it was posted by someone who wasn't a member in an area not intended for open discussions (we have no way of verifying even an email address in that thread).

The second users made the same claim because I simply moved a thread that was posted in the wrong location to the correct subject.

What has brought on the sudden idea that we are deleting everything? Generally I try to be pretty careful if we are going to remove something. I may have made a few mistakes in the past but we've tried to correct them. Heck, we've even left the posts criticizing the removals up and tried to explain our actions. We've also had cases where people have contacted us because I didn't remove something fast enough...

I guess I just want to remind everyone that the website is a free service but we have a business to protect and maintain. We take the time to update the site because we enjoyed it and we know a lot of people are using it. We're doing the best we can with something that takes a considerable amount of time and has little to no return so unless you see something specific please cut us a little slack and give us the benefit of doubt.

<small>[ May 08, 2006, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Kerry Tobin ]</small>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:00 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family
Kerry,
I am very sorry. I posted in the wrong spot & jumped to conslusions when I did not see it. I do not believe you are doing anything underhanded - it was my mistake. Forgive me

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
Logic1,

This wasn't aimed specifically at you (and I was a little tired when I wrote it). We've just gotten some complaints lately (off the message board too) and I want to make sure everyone remembers this is a services we continue to offer even though there's not any financial gain for us at this point.

I'm also was concerned that people seem to think we are removing things regularly and don't want that "rumor" to spread. We will remove things if we see a need but I can't think of any "topics" we haven't allowed in the past. We've tried to keep it localized to specific posts or ideally a specific piece of a post if removal or editing is needed.

Have a good day/night & happy posting!

Kerry