Kwik Trip

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Kwik Trip

Postby Old Scout » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:14 pm

We need another gas station like we need another hole in the head.

What we do need is Ben Franklin and the other businesses. The way I see it is that the almighty dollar is driving the entire deal. It is better to shut down 5 businesses and make a bunch of money than to spend some to maintain the current building and collect rent from the 5 successful businesses that the people of Tomahawk support.

Take away business from the current gas stations, close the 5 businesses and hurt a bunch of people that will lose their business and their jobs just to make a buck.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Kwik Trip

Postby KEN » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Hopefully Ben Franklin will show up back on Wisconsin AVE. :D

It used to be "The Hub" of the downtown district. :)

I still wish something could be done with downtown area near Bradley Park to get the locals and tourists back again. :(

I still think having a Observation Tower in Bradley Park is a good idea. :wink:

With funding help from The Wisconsin Department of Tourism and possibly The Army Corps. of Engineers. :shock:

Maybe $cott Walker could throw Tomahawk,WI. a bone. :roll:

Howisthisworking
Beginner
Beginner
Tie to Tomahawk: Visiting

Postby Howisthisworking » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Gas in Madison right now is $2.15. Usually the price here in Tomahawk is $0.10 more per gallon. Now it's $2.44 what gives? Price gouging a little 4th of July was a week ago. Maybe we need a Kwik Trip because maybe they won't be so scrupulously selling their gas. What's going on here? That's too high business people. Anyone watching these businesses???????

Howisthisworking
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Howisthisworking » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:00 pm

A Kwik Trip will blow a couple of these SAME priced gas stations away let's hope. And a FREE ATM machine. Not that would be a huge payback here in Tomahawk. Aren't you tired of getting YOUR money for up to $ 3.00 each time? If Kwik Trip can do it for $0.0 maybe some of the other ones would drop their withdrawal fees. Ha ha, not hardly.

Howisthisworking
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Howisthisworking » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:02 pm

$0.25 more for a gallon of gas here? What gives?

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Old Scout » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:18 pm

All the local gas stations take care of each other if you know what I mean. :roll:
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Howisthisworking
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Howisthisworking » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Even cheaper North on Hwy 51 about 45 miles. Usually higher the further North you go so something is fishy here.

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:09 am

I thought for sure something would have been done to save and relocate The Ben Franklin store ! :(

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Old Scout » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:59 pm

DANG BUT I MISS BEN FRANKLIN ! ! ! ! ! ! :cry:

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”