American Legion Donations

This is a place you can type a news article or idea, submit a picture, etc. If you've ever wanted to be a journalist, here is your chance!
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

American Legion Donations

Postby Old Scout » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:19 pm

At the May 15th meeting of Post 93 donations were made to three organizations. Commander Lowell Liberty and Adjutant Gerry Johnson presented $500.00 checks to Jim LaPointe of the Tomahawk Emergency Food Pantry, Jim Campbell of the Never Forgotten Honor Flight and Heide Merwin of the Open Arms Soup Kitchen. The checks were presented as part of the Legion dedication to support of the community and support of Veterans. The donation to the food pantry will assist them in support of their serving those in the Tomahawk area who are in need of help in procuring food for support of their families. The Open Arms Soup Kitchen is a community organization that puts on a meal every Tuesday at the Corpus Christie center that is open to the public and is an opportunity to enjoy a good meal and a social gathering that serves approximately 120 meals each week. The donation to the Honor Flight will pay for one Veteran to travel to Washington DC to visit the military memorials and be honored for their service.
Gun Control = A steady hand and good aim !

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Re: American Legion Donations

Postby KEN » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Old Scout wrote:. The donation to the Honor Flight will pay for one Veteran to travel to Washington DC to visit the military memorials and be honored for their service.

Years ago , a few months before my Dad passed, I took him on The Honor Flight to The World War II Memorial.

He was very sick and in a wheelchair. It was rough, but the organizers of the Honor Flight really helped with every aspect of the trip.

It was really one of the highlights of my dad`s life, and I was glad he got to experience it before passing.

The Stars and Stripes Honor Flight is a fantastic organization!
'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VoWKh_T6aA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E7GLdYhm3s

Return to “Your News Stories”