Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: With All Due Respect
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:21 am 
Contributor
Contributor

There you go again Bob!! I got to tell you, you are more fun then a barrel of circus clowns!!

Hehehehe!!

-(i.e. the games he has played on this board with my name)

ouuuuu!! Now there you got me!! Man I was really uncivil there!! I called you Bobby! Now that’s a low blow!! Calling someone named Bob, Bobby!! Get a rope!!

Ahhhahahahaaahahaha

--an absolute refusal to respond to factual statements

This is just a silly statement. I don’t respond to something and that’s uncivil? Doh!!

--and a penchant for labeling those he disagrees with

Wrong again Bob. First off, if I have refused to respond then how do you know I don’t agree with you? It may surprise you on what I agree with you on and what I don’t. But I’m not about to openly endorse people that use the tactics you and your fellow I Hate Bushers are using.

--Name-calling

When it comes to you and your fellow I Hate Bushers, no-one has called anyone more names then you guys have. Not even if you combine all the other posts together. That is a fact.

You guys have called Bush an imbecile, a warmonger, a draft dodger, accused him of having a drug problem, an alcohol problem and posted stories and letters to the editor in which the authors have called him nearly everything in the book. You have called him belligerent, arrogant and the most dangerous person on Earth; you have linked to sites that have implied worse things and and some of them outright vicious. A number of the accusers, most, are totally lacking in any credibility or actual facts or meaningfull content. Most of it when it does have a bit of truth is presented in the worse possible light and often taken out of context or grossly distorted not to mention old and irrelevant.

And you want me to buy into what you are doing by openly entering into a debate or agreeing with you?

Fat chance!!

As for the poll on civility, Hey Bob, we haven’t been debating on Bush for some time now, it’s all been on the issue of civility. Very appropriate poll in my opinion. But one thing for sure, your hypocrisy is hanging out all over the place again. I can’t believe you have used the tactics you have on Bush and then dare even bring up the concept of courtesy in the discussion. You and the I Hate Bushers have been anything but!!

At least I admit it.

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: JFlosum ]</small>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:24 pm 
General User
General User

Tie to Tomahawk: My second home...
Add to the list:

Get schools out of debt!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:56 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Tomahawk

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:42 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Nice work Dopey!!

That aught to get you a couple attaboys form the club president at your next meeting.
Ahhahahahahahha!!

Speaking of the readers of this board, you do realize you are preaching to the choir? You guys seem to have run off most of the others.

Such is life!
:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:59 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by JFlosum:
You guys seem to have run off most of the others.
How can you be so sure that it isn't you who is running off all the others?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:51 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt the P1SS1ng contest thats going on in here...

Why cant we use Iraqi oil to pay for the rebuilding of Iraq?

I don't understand why our troops are in Iraq at all. Seriously, as it turns out, aside from sponsoring terrorism, Iraq was never a threat to us at all. We ousted their leadership and dismantled any warmaking capabilites (they had none to begin with) that they had. Besides, we have bigger fish to fry. We need to get out of that country so that the freekin Iraqis can get back to their favorite pastimes -- Allowing all of the profits from their nations largest export (oil) to fall into the hands of a few sheiks, and killing each other.

BTW: Bush will lose in the next election because of this crap. Our economy is in shambles and our pres is hell-bent on rebuilding Iraq? THESE PEOPLE HAVE NATURAL RESOURCES WORTH KABILLIONS!! Hello? Is anyone home? Apparently Bush is not the brightest bulb in pack.

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: cmoo ]</small>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
cmoo,

I think that is just about the most short-sighted thing I have ever heard.

Hey, lets go overthrow an entire government and then leave!

Here is the problem with your line of thought. First, Saddam would simply walk right back in and now he would have the power to get revenge.

Second, what supporters we have would HATE us. It would be about the same as going into the witness protection program and having the police mail your new address to the people after you. We would be giving away everyone who provided any support at all.

Third, we would lose any credibility in the world.

I'd rather see us tell the rest of the world we will simply match the numbers provided on average in countries we didn't start the fight with. If the rest of the world doesn't want to help support us in Iraq we don't need to help them with all of their "peace keeping" operations either. France seems to think they can do it all, let them.

Also, we are using Iraq's oil to help pay the cost of rebuilding. Unfortunately we have to spend money to help rebuild that, it needs to be protected (more need for our troops) and from what I've read we are only expecting about 12 Billion in revenue from Iraq's oil. A little short of that they estimate we need.

Finally, CNN did an interesting comparison. They compared the cost of this war vs the money in the economy (may have used GDP, I don't remember) and this is actually one of the CHEAPEST wars we have had.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:35 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Plus the imbecile is spending us into debt at a record pace while expending American lives in the process while chasing shadows on the other side of the world while not a dime spent to address the right-wing militia terrorists preparing their attacks here at home.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:47 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:49 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:29 am 
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:46 am 
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:35 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

"Knowledge that Powell was just a stone's throw away -- meeting Iraq U.S. governor Paul Bremer inside one of the former palaces of deposed President Saddam Hussein -- heightened the clamor beyond the gates."

"He must be told that the Iraqi people have gained nothing from the American war. Now it is much worse than under Saddam"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=586&ncid=586&e=2&u=/nm/20030914/wl_nm/iraq_complaints_dc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:52 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHENEY?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=HOME

And now Bush and Cheney want to plunder even more money from the taxpayers. With all the right wingers whining about taxes, why don't they straighten this clown out? You can't spend it if you are not taking it in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:50 am 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Kerry - We have NO supporters except perhaps the British, and unfortunately a growing number of them hate us too.

I haven't heard any reports of us using Iraqi oil to finance the cleanup.

The Iraq cleanup will cost untold billions ($87 Billion just for the rest of this year), cost many American lives, and ultimately fail to stabilize Iraq.

In defending the $87 billion dollar request Cheney said, "What's the cost if we don't act? What's the cost if we do nothing? What's the cost if we don't succeed with respect to our current operation in Iraq?" he asked. "I think that's far higher than getting the job done right here."

What the **** is he talking about? First off he never answered his own questions. Secondly, we are supposed to believe that the cost of doing nothing will be more than $87 billion?

This is what the "supporters" of the U.S. read in the newspapers every day:

1) To date no weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq.

2) There is no physical evidence linking Iraq with the 911 attacks. When asked whether he believed Sadam was involved in the 911 attacks Cheney said, "I don't know".

3) Once it became clear that we WAY overestimated the Iraqi threat, we changed our reason for attacking Iraq. We are now "liberating" Iraq. So far we have not delivered "freedom" to the Iraqi people, instead we have delivered poverty and destitution and its costing lives every day.

Lets get our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: cmoo ]</small>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:22 am 
Contributor
Contributor

"No Child Left Behind"

Flawed and ridicules even to think such nonsense. There will always be children left behind.

We are teaching the bottom of the class in public schools in this country and all sorts of children are being left behind. And unfortunately they are, in many cases, the ones that may have really excelled if they had received a better level of instruction. Unfortunately we spend way to much time and money trying to educate the uneducable and all suffer because of this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:46 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

EVERYONE is educable, EVERYONE! at least to some degree. I mean, the proof is in the pudding, even JFlosum came up with a word such as "uneducable". :p

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: aphephilia ]</small>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:08 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:36 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Baby, under your distorted irrational thinking, it is illegal to drive a car because you have to pay a fee for the registration. I also pay to recycle although the fee is paid through my taxes to the township to contract with the recyclers.

Yes, Bush has had a detrimental impact on the economy of Wisconsin. He is very busy destroying our international markets (or more precisely profits) due to his lack of statesmanship and his continence of U.S. and Wisconsin businesses fleeing to overseas sites and bogus tax shelters. The reason he does this is that these very corporation have bought and paid for him and this is what they want.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:43 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Dagger,

>and his continence of U.S. and Wisconsin businesses fleeing to overseas <

You are so wrong!

Businesses are fleeing the high price of labor. That is because of liberal/labor unions. Democrats and liberals never had a vote they weren’t willing to sell to a Union!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:46 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Aphephilia,

This is for you:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer beat the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:05 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

The best part was I read it with no problems!!! :eek:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:12 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

como!!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:52 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

You sound like one of the rich boys that think $5.15 an hour is too much for the working poor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next