Dem Packers

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Dem Packers

Postby Catfish » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:39 pm

While at the auction this past weekend the auctioneer kept giving the crowd updates on the score. When they were way ahead someone said they were playing "Antigo". Were they?

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Re: Dem Packers

Postby Old Scout » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:43 pm

I couldn't believe that with 3rd and 4 near the viking 20 that Sherman called a run when the pass was working so well. The Packers have one of the best passing quarterbacks in the league and they don't let him throw the dang ball. :(
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:16 pm

Your high school 2nd half is somewhat what I said after that pathetic show of ineptitude. I think it would be fun to watch the PP's (pathetic packers) play the Badgers. Then Barry could show that Packer coach some coaching skills.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:50 pm

The run call at the end of the game just amplifies previous examples of Sherman's poor play calling & clock management.

The "hits" the team has taken due to injuries has been significant, but I still believe that the problem has been with the head coach/former GM.

<small>[ October 23, 2005, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:38 am

At a time like that the coach has to show some guts and go for the gusto. sitting on the ball, playing conservative won't win games. When Favre is allowed to cut loose he still has one of the best arms in football but they keep playing around with the short pass and the run instead of throwing it down field where it would do some good. Definetly time for a change. :(

<small>[ October 24, 2005, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Old Scout ]</small>
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:20 pm

Amen Scout! Third & two run play with a minute to go behind the back up center & two new guards stunk. Favre was on a hot streak all game & Sherman calls a lame play like that. Play calls, time management & field goal misses have lost two or three games.

<small>[ October 29, 2005, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Mermaid Sirena
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Mermaid Sirena » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:04 pm

I guess "da Bears" don't suck anymore!!!! I sure was hoping we could have beat them today. I guess we have one more chance in a few weeks. :)

Return to “General Discussion”