Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:27 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
"Let's see, I didn't do much my first two years after I signed my rookie contract with the multi-million dollar signing bonus. Sure am glad I have that bonus in the bank!"

"Hey I had an "All Pro" seaon last year. This contract doesn't compare to the other All Pro receivers. I'm being dissed by the Packers. My buddy T.O. says he agrees & his agent will make it right."

Walker's/Rosenhaus' logic is bizarre. One good season in the middle of a contract isn't justification to demand a new deal. I hope the Packers don't cave like they did with last year with Mike McKenzie. Let the peckerhead sit out for the whole season.

As for the argument that clubs release vets all the time before the end of their contracts, so why should the players feel obligated to honor the contract?: Most of those deals were written with a bonus to jack the salary of the player for the immediate future. The last years of those deals are inflated dollar values to make the agents look cool when the "total package" is announced to the media. I'll bet that most of the players never expect to receive the salaries stated in the last several years of their contract.

<small>[ June 01, 2005, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:30 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

This is why I enjoy watching High School and College sports more every year.
The "Pros" have lost touch with reality! The word CONTRACT means nothing to them. TEAM LOYALTY means nothing. Being a MILLIONAIRE when you`re still in your 20`s , means nothing!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:49 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

While I am a BIG Packer fan I have to agree with Ken and Jeff. I might also add that my opinion is that the Packers SHOULD renegotiate Walker's contract. And when they sit him down at the table they need to send his sorry butt packing!!!Professional sports needs to send these guys the message that a contract is a contract. Either fulfill it or GET OUT! I am hoping the Packers don't cave in to his whining and crying!!

<small>[ June 03, 2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Mermaid Sirena ]</small>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:00 pm 
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

All pro contracts should be incentive based, minimum salary, so everyone gets something then each position have a balance point, go above, you receive more go below you lose some of the base pay. Every year the statistics can be re evaluate and adjusted to average performances. The the best would be the highest paid, the middle would be average and the worst, cut!