Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Class Reunions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:50 pm 
DavidSchultz posted 05-24-2001 06:45 PM CT (US)         <BR>------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I poked around the Classifieds and some other areas to see if I could find any word on the Class of 1976 25th Reunion. Couldn't find any. Perhaps a section dedicated to Reunion Plans would be helpful.<P>[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Past Board ]<p>[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Past Board ]

Post subject: Re: Class Reunions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:16 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Gee, no replies to your inquiry in over a year!

Class reunions must not be a hot topic in the Tomahawk area.

Guess once you're gone - you're gone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:39 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Why not start a separate thread for each class? For instance, if you are from the class of 1970, make that the subject and everyone that has links to that particular class can respond and have fun. It doesn't necessarily have to be about class reunions, but this could be a helpful tool for planning one and locating others you may have lost contact with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:37 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

mohawksin,

Good idea - just surprised that no one else has addressed this topic or expressed any genuine interest (unless I've missed the postings)!

You'd think that with all the encouragement to come back to Tomahawk (to visit or reside), there would be more emphasis on attracting THS alumni (for reunions, special events, etc. BTW, not everyone rides a HD). Maybe the Leader's hardcopy editions cover various Class Reunions adequately, but I doubt that all "out-of-towners" get it.

I would imagine THS folks are scattered all over the country (the world for that matter) and even if there's no one locally to go searching around for old classmates, the internet's a powerful tool and could do most of the work - just ask a genealogist.

There sure seems to be an adequate amount of web talent in Tomahawk, including those that put together the excellent high school site as well as this one, so it's rather hard to believe that no one seems really interested about this topic.

Might even make an interesting high school research or web design project.