Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favorite Things!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:55 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Cool! Harley does a great job. I have a bit of Harley stock!

I was disappointed in seeing the opposition to their expansion back when it was news. But was glad to see they got things worked out ok I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:41 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Right now they are only running one production shift at the new plant, but are looking at adding a second shift some time in the spring. That will add quite a few more good paying jobs for the Tomahawk area. They also have recently installed three new injection molding machines with the intent of improving their quality by doing the work in-house. The plant is just finished and already they are adding to its capacity.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:20 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I have been coming to the Tomahawk for almost 15 years, mostly in the winter as I am an avid snowmobiler. I do try to make it up there once in the summer and fall. I grew up in the chain of lakes area, and the area has been grossly overdeveloped. In the time I have been coming to Tomahawk, it has the great small town feel and they have controlled the growth. Everybody I meet is very friendly, we can usually carry on a conversation as if we knew each other for years.
It is the area of choice for my family and friends. Someday I hope to be a permanent resident of Tomahawk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:53 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Baby, If you disliked the area and people so much why do you even care enough to check back?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:00 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Whats Great about Tomahawk, (IN THE SUMMER) you have, cook outs, 4 wheeling, Pontoon parties, Water Skiing, Swimming, The Tarzan swing on the somo river, Fishing, Roller blading, Bike rides to Twin Bay for the best Pizza, then to D.Q. for your Favorite Treat, taking in a water ski show, and watching awsome sunsets, Racing at the Tomahawk Speedway, in the evening on Friday and Saturday nite you have great bands at Pix's pub and Karaoke at the Party Bar, we also have a great 4th of July with the entertainment on Main street, parade, Bands, water ski show and fire works.
(IN THE FALL)you have some of the best fall color walks in our great north woods, Colorama is the best, you have a great bunch of people who gather here, from every where, a awsome Thunder Bike parade, Fun things to do at Sara Park, bonfires, leather & clothes vendors, Harley Fashion show, Raffels, poker runs, fun times on Main Street, Live bands and Dancing, then theres Buba's Bash out at the Race track, More Great Bands, Camping, Vendors, Raffels, and Fun!
(WINTER)When we have Snow, there is cross country Skiing, "down hill skiing with in 40 miles", Snowmobiling, sledding, Ice Skating, Ice Fishing, and 4 Wheeling.
(SPRING)Lots of MUD, 4 wheeling, Fishing, getting the Flower Gardens ready, all the home projects you couldnt do while the house was closed up, and the Home Show at the Tomahawk School.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:08 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

ODDS BODKINS! ckane! , You did a great job in your post!
Especially the Twin Bay pizza and Dairy Queen part! MMMMMM!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:00 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I recently visited Tomahawk on vacation last week and enjoyed every minute of it. It is not the first time I've ever visited Tomahawk but something about this time really made it great. When I am in Tomahawk I love to go out on Lake Nokomis (where our lake house is located) and go tubing, skiing, fishing, you name it. I just enjoy every minute of it. My sister and I realized the difference in where we live and where we love to go. Up here there are no large crowds at the theatre, no people yapping away on cells, no 16 screens in a theatre. It is just calm and quiet. I have a question for the teenagers my age, what do you guys do for fun? One thing my sister and I enjoy is to go watch the Kwahamot ski show featuring some of the best like Toby, Greg, and Oscar. But thats not all we do while we are there. We like to drive by a couple times just to see those few decent guys there and regret not introducing our selves. Guys are very different up here then down in St.Charles, IL. Boys down there care so much what they wear and how much money they got but guys up here just seem very different. So like I said earlier what do the teenagers do for fun?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:17 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
A lot of the people in the area are devoted supporters of D.A.M.M. (Drunks Against Mad Mothers) :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:07 pm 
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

I moved to Tomahawk 10 years ago.
I left the town I lived in all my life.
I tell my friends that Tomahawk reminds me of the way my home town was when I was a child.
We have simple things here. Everything a person needs without all the large malls and traffic.
You may have to travel to get to a Wal-Mart or K-Mart but it is worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:23 am 
Contributor
Contributor

WOW! Lacy! BADA-BING BADA-BOOM! You just received an A+ in spelling for that post!

Sincerely,
Aphe, the spelling cop :D

<small>[ August 30, 2003, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: aphephilia ]</small>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:41 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

The "Fall Ride" is my LEAST favorite thing about Tomahawk. But after 43 yrs of living in Tomahawk, I'm FINALLY relocating, so this will be my LAST year of having to put up with it. I will miss living in Tomahawk, I've lived here all my life, I was born here, BUT I will NOT miss the "Fall Ride" weekend, not even a little bit.