Death of FES Student

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Death of FES Student

Postby Catfish » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:54 am

Haven't heard anything about the student's death on the news or in the paper. What happened?

anthrochick
General User
General User

Re: Death of FES Student

Postby anthrochick » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:26 pm

I work in the district and we were told exactly what was on the news. Blood alcohol level 3x legal limit. Paramedics were called at 3:30 am after he was found unconcious outside a party here in Tomahawk. Investigation continues. Arnaud's family is unable to receive his body quickly due to laws although arrangements are in the works to speed up what may take 2 weeks. Arnie was very active in art, drama, and various other organizations in the school and will be missed. Very unfortunate.

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:44 pm

In the General Discussion Forumn on the topic of Reckless Homicide there is a discussion about the guy that sold the drugs that caused an overdose that killed the user. How about the person that sold that alcohol to the underage kids at this party that caused this student's death, he or she is in DEEP doo doo !!!

NurseNell
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Resident 1980 - 1989, retired here 5/2012

Postby NurseNell » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:20 pm

The person who provided alcohol to an underage drinker certainly should be held accountable. At least here in MN they now can be sentenced to jail. The underaged friends who too are drinking also bear some accountability. The community holds some responsibility. Everyone looks the other way, denies the problem. "It's only a rite of passage", yada, yada, yada. The bottom line is underage drinking is illegal and needs to be prosecuted from the provider of the alcohol to the party giver, to the party givers' parents, and to the individuals who choose to drink. Another young person who only needed one real friend that night and had none.
Nell

More women die of lung cancer than breast cancer. If you smoke, quit. If you don't, don't start.

Friends never lets friends drive drunk.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:33 pm

Amen Nell.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

MedicDVG
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.

Postby MedicDVG » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:27 pm

Nell, I couldn't agree with you more.

It reminds me of when LCEMS would do the "Mock Car Crash" and the students would swear to not drink and drive, and to use a designated driver for thier parties.

I would shake my head and say, "but don't you know that drinking at your age AT ALL is illegal?"

Inevitably I would get the stare and a "what's your point?" look.

So should there be consequences -- ABSOLUTELY!
*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”