Tomahawk not the Northwoods anymore.

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Re: Tomahawk not the Northwoods anymore.

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:46 pm

Dave,
Good Advice! C.J & I fish when ever possible. We just won't go back to "The Quarry" north of Sturgeon Bay again. 90 minute drive to what used to be a premier Smallmouth spot of this state. It's become exotic species heaven. All we caught were gobies. Also there were Zebra mussels were everywhere.

<small>[ July 27, 2005, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

sagan
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Postby sagan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:48 pm

I am not a big fan of using the tax system to promote social policies, but historical it has a long history in our nation. Many people sacrifice and limit the number of children they have or have none at all as an act of social responsibility. Why not make it an equitable and just system and reward them for their contributions to our society. I do commend you on limiting the size of your family.

Your own comments refer to those who receive such rewards while doing things that work against society. Why not a "tax break" for those that refrain from contributing to the decline?

All people rely on government. If you benefit from police, fire, public health research, use of roads, public buildings, safe drinking water, beathable air (unlike some Chinese cities), or use the public universities, schools, parks, or other services, you rely in some way on government to render these available.

<small>[ July 28, 2005, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Broca ]</small>
90% of people are caused by accidents.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:35 pm

Dagger,
Thanks for the DNR links!
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”