Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Time for a new Judge
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:30 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Can you believe that judge Tluske took Lampe off of probation so he could wrestle in college. Why bother to take him to court if he doesn't even have to serve his sentence. I'm beginning to think that he and his attorney have something on this judge and can get anything he wants. That boy has a problem and getting away with anything he feels like doing isn't going to help any. From what I hear on the news if you get in trouble hope you get him for a judge. He definitely doesn't believe in anything more than a slap on the hand no matter what you do. :roll:

Seize the Day !

Post subject: Re: Time for a new Judge
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:38 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

This Lampe has his name in the latest issue of the Foto News in the police beat column. Don't remember what he did but is in the news again for something else. That should have told the judge he was not reabilitating.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:29 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family
this is yet one more example of the "high " quality of law in Lincoln County. How about the person that was caught at the site of the burglary of Mr Ed's & they let him walk out of jail on a signature bond! That is totally idiotic! Yes, I know all the about the jail crowding, the innocent until proven guilty....it is getting to be old hat,. I have heard many people say "if you want to get away with a crime, go to Lincoln County" !!!! Then we go and hire another judge? How many does it take to slap their hands & let them go?! It is getting out of control.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:03 am 
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

(Can you believe that judge Tluske took Lampe off of probation so he could wrestle in college. Why bother to take him to court if he doesn't even have to serve his sentence. I'm beginning to think that he and his attorney have something on this judge and can get anything he wants. That boy has a problem and getting away with anything he feels like doing isn't going to help any. From what I hear on the news if you get in trouble hope you get him for a judge. He definitely doesn't believe in anything more than a slap on the hand no matter what you do.) [Roll Eyes]

Come on Scout, I think it is time you let up because you are getting a little weird with this whole thing.
I have know you for a lot of years and I know that you try to belive in kids and help them grow to be good people. With that in mind haven't any of them ever done anything really stupid? Did you just throw them by the wayside? Did you go out of your way to try to destroy them even further than what they had done to themself.
Anthony was a stupid kid that did a stupid thing that he will regret the rest of his life.I watched him wrestle since he was a little kid and I know how hard he worked to get that Championship.
Now that that is gone he and he alone must live with his poor judgment.
What would you like to see should he not be allowed to go to collage and should we make him stay in Tomahawk go on welfare and work at Live Trap, would that satsify you?
Take it from a person who made plenty of stupid choices when he was that age that it does not mean
you can not better yourself.
Remeber what I said, you have spent your life trying to better young men don't waste that by trying to ruin one now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:57 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

He can go to college. But if the college won't let him wrestle because he is on probation than he doesn't wrestle, but still doesn't have to stay in Tomahawk and work at Live Trap. After all 98% of the rest of the students at college aren't wrestling either. 98% of them didn't punch their sister in the face either. Sooner or later he will have to take responsibility for his actions. Colleges teach that by not letting probationers in sports.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:04 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

John,
I have no problem with the boy trying to better himself and get beyond the really dumb thing he did. My problem is with the judge. I am looking at this as an example of some of the decisions he has made. If this was something that was going to be a problem he should have taken it into consideration at the time and come up with a different decision that would have accomplished the need for discipline that this boy apparently needed. community service etc. By doing this he is setting the example that if your court sentence interferes with what you want to do go and whine to the judge and he will change it.

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:23 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I too believe in second chances, but not third, fourth, fifth, without a lesson being taught. If you break the law, you should be punished for it & live with the consequences. This is about LEARNING to better yourself, not being given the chance without paying for what you did wrong. I think the Lincoln Cty judges need that lesson taught over again also.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:46 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I think there is a big difference between making a stupid decision and intentionally beating the crap out of your sister. As the old saying goes, "if you want to do the crime, be pepared to do the time". There was no problem with him going to college and improving himself. but he wanted to wrestle and being on probation precluded that. Perhaps it would have done him more good in the long run and he would have learned more from his mistake if he had been forced to sit out the first year due to his poor judgement. What did he learn from this? If you whine to the right people, you will get your way and won't have to pay for your mistakes.

Is this what we want kids to learn now days.

What happened to "You are responsable for your actions"

This is something we teach our Scouts. Perhaps that is what he needed when he was younger. We might have done him some good.

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:28 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Amen Scout.

I think too often there is an assumption that if the kid is involved & good at the sport in which he/she participates they must be "good people". They get the benefit of the doubt & possibly a free pass when they screw up.

Let "Joe Industrial Arts" pop his/her kid sister & they'd be in probably be in home arrest with an electronic bracelet around their ankle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:24 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

J.B. how true, how true.
(hypothetical), How about some 'schmo' who's on probation goes to the judge and says, "Hey Judge, I know you just put me on probation after my trial a couple of months ago but, if you take me off this probation thing, I could get this neat job at the cheese factory. What do you say Judge, cut me a break!!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:26 am 
Had it been Alyssa hitting Anthony or the little sister, you'd all be saying, what a shame that they won't let her defend herself!

I believe he was in the Foto News for speeding. So he hit his sister and sped. How does that line go... let he who is without sin...?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:39 am 
Contributor
Contributor

this is not about "he who is without sin" He committed a crime & was sentenced - he needs to serve that punishment - no matter how good he is at a sport. He has had many "second" chances in his careeer, when is he going to learn from his mistakes?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:50 pm 
So all that stuff about letting the punishment fit the crime is just a steamy load?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:42 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
From Haley, "so he hit his sister", and sent her to the hospital. Guess it's really no big deal. How silly that an issue was made and the courts time was wasted. The waste of the courts time, as I see it were an injuction and civil suit. Now probation removed. Hope I'm never the victim of a crime in Lincoln County.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:48 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Haley needs to read the original story line, then comment. But she sure got a rise out of folks with her ignorant comments!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:17 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Haley, a word of advice.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". :D

<small>[ October 04, 2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Old Scout ]</small>

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:48 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Lets get back to the initial headline of this post. WE NEED A NEW JUDGE. After listening to the radio day after day and hearing the ridiculous rulings being made in Lincoln County I took some time to go observe. I believe Judge Hartley does a fine job (yes he has had his moments) but overall I think he is a good judge.

Take a few days and go observe Judge Tlusty. HE LOOKS LOST ON THE BENCH and he has been there for two years now. The man can't make a decision and he seems to waste an abundance of time while in the court proceedings. I personally hope somebody steps up and challenges him in the next election.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:57 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Now the story of his pardon appears on the opening page of this website. After hearing about it on this forum, I was shocked. Now after reading the story I am infuriated. What kind of message is being sent out to the community with this travesty of justice. How many other people who are on probation are quite possibly (quote) "frustrated" about being on probation. Too bad. If you want to hear the song you have to pay the piper. During all the procedings of the the 'injunction', you should have seen the laughter and high fives to Anthony for his 'win' in court. Now he gets off without any responsibility for his actions. What has he learned, and what do his peers learn about domestic violence? Hey, if he can get away with it, so can I, is what they learned.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:40 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Do you think we could get Judge Judy to move to Lincoln Co. ? :D

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:23 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Could someone please explain the original circumstances a bit better for those of us that are not in the area?