Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quick Note and Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
Hello everyone,

I just got my cable modem hooked up so we should be up and running again this week. We expect to have an update later tonight or tomorrow evening.

Also, I just wanted to pass on a note we received.

Quote:
I don't know what type of operation you have up there, but you sure shouldn't have a web page, as you never seem to have it up to date. Here it is a week later, and you haven't last week's page as of this date.
This is awful.
Need I say more.
Please onsider the fact that this is a free service that the Tomahawk Leader has invested money to setup and maintain and is updated by two members of the Tomahawk Leader staff simply because we feel the service is important and we occasionally enjoy doing it.

However, notes like this are not encouraging to a non-profit business unit. We update this site only because we want to. We suffer no great loss by discontinuing this service. It would actually probably save money and a considerable amount of time.

We have no intention of ending our service anytime soon. All I'm asking is that people think a little before sending a note like this one. The Leader is basically volunteering this service to the community. As volunteers I feel we do occasionally deserve a break and in Kathy's case a much needed and deserved vacation (and hopefully more to come). I personally kind of enjoy hearing from users when we don't update the site. It reminds me that people are reading it and do enjoy what we are doing so please keep those comming but be considerate when you do it.

If you are interested in the full news coverage from Tomahawk we strongly recommend you consider a subscription to the newspaper. We have an excellent staff that devotes itself to each and every issue.

Finally, now that I have a decent internet connection again I hope to push out a few new features at some point. Don't expect too much, I do work during the day, but we have a few ideas and things we may consider adding to the site.

Thanks,

Kerry Tobin
Webmaster

<small>[ May 12, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Webmaster ]</small>

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:29 pm 
General User
General User

Tie to Tomahawk: My second home...
Having this website is a great thing. This keeps me closer to my "Home away from Home". I visit almost daily to keep up on the happenings. Although I receive the Leader delivered to me weekly, I still can't wait to get online to "catch-up". Thanx for all of your time and effort to keep The Leader online. See you all the last week of July and the first week of August!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:40 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Kerry: I have mentioned this before, but will do so again. First, I can't understand why anyone would be a member here and not be a subscriber to the Leader. I don't always agree with the Leader on everything but it is almost always a good read and well worth the pittance that it costs. I think you should issue memberships on the site only to those who have up-to-date subscriptions and let all the others cut bait. We might have a few less people around here but at least we would all be paying customers. This would also allow those of us who remain to have an intelligent discussion about what we read in the papers ;) ;) .

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:18 am 
General User
General User

Tell that guy to go scratch. If he does not like the job that you are doing, then tell him NOT to visit the site. People like that ruin it for others. I will send you a note with just the opposite of everything he said! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:26 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I just wanted to say "Thank you" to all of those involved in the Tomhawk Leader web site! This gives me a chance from Sheboygan to check the weather, and the fishing so I can deceide if I will come up there fishing on a specific weekend! Keep up the good work. Don't let one jack*** let you feel like crap...as a whole I know we all enjoy this service!

<small>[ June 02, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Webmaster ]</small>