Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hospital?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:58 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

aphephilia ,
There`s a difference between "worrying" ,and having a genuine concern for your neighborhood.
There`s a house across the road from the Fulsher school that is well kept. BUT, it is probably worth $10,000.00 dollars less then it should be , because of what is out it`s front window.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:19 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

The Town of Bradley has written several letters to the owner of the old Fulsher School. After nothing was done, the town turned the complaints over to Lincoln County Zoning in 2003. Still nothing has been done. Why not call 536-0333 and file a complaint?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:22 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

True, very true, someone with a "genuine concern" would not be whining about the problem on the Tomahawk Leader message board, they would be DOING something constructive about addressing the problem in such a way as to perhaps resolve it. Gossip and griping do not equal "genuine concern".

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:06 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Are you saying that those of us with a genuine concern that have tried to do something are not allowed to express our opinions in a public forum ? I seem to see you whining and complaining a lot, so obviously you do not have any genuine concerns, you just like whining. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:52 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

OBVIOUSLY you missed my whole point! Like I said previously, DO something constructive about what you consider to be "your problem", that's the only way anything will happen. Call that number that sla posted. I'm sure you will get more accomplished that way. And also consider this, just how much control do you want the government to have over YOUR property and over your rights as a property owner? Personally speaking, I really hate bright turquoise blue houses but do I have a right to dictate to someone else what color they must paint thier house just because I happen to live across the street and must see it everyday? They bought it, they own it, they have an absolute right to paint it whatever color they choose whether or not Aphephilia likes it or not.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:20 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
It's in the genes. After all, you are Mr Kottah's sister!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:55 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Did you have a point, other than putting down opinions that don't agree with yours ??

I agree, it is your land and you can do what you like, but when it interferes with someone else’s rights that is when you step over the line. There is a great difference between liking or not liking the color of the house and destroying some one else's property values through an I give a dam* attitude. I guess you would be comfortable living near or in a dump.

Those who live in the area also have rights. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:24 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my! some people are really hard of hearing!
My Point: DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE ABOUT THE PROBLEM! (did you hear me that time?) :D

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:49 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:44 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Some people have a hard time seeing when they've "stepped over the the line". Aphephilia, I think you were either trying for a bad joke or really dropped a cow pie on this one.

<small>[ May 24, 2005, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:14 am 
Contributor
Contributor

If we can all remember the original thread here I think we can agree that this sort of thing really is everyones problem. The Fulsher School is an absolute eye sore, but I can personaly list a bunch of others that are as bad or worse in this area. There really is nothing constructive that can be done by those who are impacted short of getting some of the laws and ordinances changed, and that is really impossible for the most part. The only real solution is to not let the problem happen in the first place. Bulldozing the old school in the first place instead of selling it to the highest bidder might have prevented the problem that we now see. At least investigating the intentions of those who bid on the property could have averted the dump that we now have on the corner of E and O. I think that to one degree or another, some care was taken to ensure that the old hospitol property would not become the same kind of eyesore that the Fulsher School has become, and that should make everyone happy....to one degree or another.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:53 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Too bad there wasn't a Tomahawk Leader message board back in the days of the old Potaczek's junkyard! That place was practically right downtown. Anyone remember that? Or am I just too old? lol... If I remember right, that place was right about where the Wisconsin Public Service building is now; on Tomahawk Ave.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:24 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.
You're only two blocks off. It was on Railway Street north of the old Hi-Ryder building between the tracks and what is now the library.

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.