Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:53 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
Actually Kerry, you are right, however, who walks through Bradley Park toting a 12 pack on a cold winters night? And yes, I know you meant to be mean. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:46 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
Probably the same people that would try to carry one on a snowmobile, not to mention drink it while driving, in gloves, through a helmet. :-)<P>Just say I would guess it to be some stupid teens drinking in the park where there aren't cops before I would say a snowmobile would stop there just to drink some wine coolers.<P>Unfortunately there are a lot of stupid people in the world!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 9:13 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Kerry, take the gloves off, remove the helmet, take beer from saddle bags. :D<BR>Unfortunately i'm most likely classifed by many on this board as one of those stupid people in this world.<P>[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Deb Richardson ]<p>[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Deb Richardson ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 10:10 am 
Administrator
Administrator

No Deb. I'd put you and most of the other users of the boards at a pretty good level. Realized that it doesn't sound the way I wanted it to.<P>I was trying to say there are a lot of stupid people that will throw the bottles, litter, drive drunk, take corners too fast on a sled, etc... Mainly there are a lot of people that will ruin things for everyone else because they are too dumb to think their actions through.<P>Sorry for implying otherwise!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:24 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

You are so right Kerry. I was only teasing about the other thing. Have a great day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:00 am 
Contributor
Contributor

The talk about the Bradley Park Observation Tower seems to have died. It`s been a year since it has been discussed. I still think it would be a great idea! It would be an asset to the Tomahawk area and would draw more vistors to the downtown area. They would have go through the downtown district as they travel to and from Bradley Park.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I believe camping is not the city's choice. I think there are regulations as to what facilities must be available to allow camping.<p>I also mentioned the tower to my father. Apparently, he tried to get that started not too long after we moved to Tomahawk. He also wanted to put up small information points along the trail to the point. Something like the markers at national parks but describing the history of the park, city, islands nearby, logging, etc...<p>Best of luck, he couldn't get any support either!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:33 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Whatever happened to the possibility of an observation tower in Bradley Park? Looking back at this post, Brian stated that funding could come from the DNR and WPS could help with the construction. Still sounds like a good idea to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:54 am 
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Tie to Tomahawk: Born and Raised
Deb Richardson wrote:
OK Brian, where do you propose this tower be located at Bradley Park. Before an observation tower, or maybe in conjuction with,I feel the trails for walking need to be marked and measured loops should be designated. Get the people in shape before climbing that tower. :) Maybe the city could be persuaded to replace those ugly swing sets with something that would be much more fitting for the setting.<p>[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: Deb Richardson ]

Deb, I couldn't agree with you more which is why the hogsback cross attack race was hosted. People wanted the trails fixed, I wanted a place to run and ride my bike. I took the appropriate steps and raised money for the newly founded Bradley Park Trail Crew. The race I just held raised money to get the equipment I needed to clean up the trails and continue with the project. A lot of people have many "wants" for the park...well I went and did something about it by going through the appropriate channels. I applaud your comments Deb and if you enjoy snowshoeing you will be able to do that this winter on a trail that's marked and mapped!

I think a observation deck along the hogsback would be very nice if done in the right spot, I've mentioned in a previous post that you would have to have the tower a ridiculous height (if you don't plan on removing trees) just to top the treeline, but Ken I see what you're onto and like the idea and believe it's part of the bradley park concept as well.