The Lincoln County Sheriff's Department is investigating the deaths of two people at a Town of Harding cabin. At 12:34 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, a cell 911 call reported that three people had been found unresponsive at a cabin located at N4703 Burma Road. Deputies and Merrill EMS responded to the scene along with a Trooper from the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Upon arrival deputies discovered that two people, a 79-year-old Merrill man and a 70-year-old Shawano man were deceased. A third person, a 77-year-old Milwaukee man, was suffering from the effects of what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning. He was taken to Good Samaritan Health Center in Merrill by ambulance and then taken by Spirit MTS to St. Luke’s Hospital in Milwaukee. The other two were pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives investigated the scene and found that both of the deceased men were long-time friends who had gathered at the cabin which they jointly owned for the nine day deer hunting season. The son of the Merrill man went to the cabin to check on them and found them. It is suspected that sometime overnight the three were overcome by fumes from an LP gas appliance. (Not a furnace)
Jerome Roush,77, of Milwaukee, in critical condition at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee. Victim number two, Kenneth W. Filter of Shawano was pronounced dead at the scene. Victim number three, Edward Duframe of Merrill pronounced dead at the scene.
Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: FAST Enterprise [Crawler] and 4 guests