Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:55 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Stories, gripes, accidents, praise ???? Bigger than last year? Smaller?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:26 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
After spending most of Fri. and all of Sat. at SARA park, my guess is that it was smaller. Fri. there were very few at the park compared to past years. Sat. was busy but I have seen bigger crowds there. I also noticed that there seemed to be fewer venders. Could be that with the extra fee many moved elsewhere and took some of the people with them so that the crowd was more spread out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:21 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hello there!!!!! Another wonderful year at Colorama. Stayed at Vicky Johnson's again. Year 11. Got to take Vicky riding this year. Spent Friday and Saturday on the road. What a beautiful weekend. Saw mama and baby bear and a few deer.

Brought 50 pounds of pop tabs to the school for the Ronald McDonald house. Got to meet Taylor's(Vicky's daughter)teachers. Awesome school you have there. You should be proud!! See, us bikers aren't all that bad.

Thank You Tomahawk for this wonderful event. Please let it continue!!!! See ya next year.

The gang from South Chase.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:56 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The Speedway bands were fantastic. While "FOGHAT" was the headliner and great fun to watch, nothing should be taken from the regional and local bands I saw there. Namely, "5 Mile Scream", "Elmer Twitch" and last but not least, our own "Storm". If you just blew in from Kansas and didn't know who these bands were you would think any one of these bands were headliners. Each of them had the stage charisma and antics the big national bands have. These bands have been doing their homework and have the confidence to act and play like Stars. Hats off to you boys, you really rocked. The Speedway staff did an excellant job. The bathrooms were cleaned every hour and always stocked. Actually the first time at a big event like that I wasn't grossed out and gagged at the bathrooms. By Monday afternoon the cleanup crew had the place looking like no-one had been there. The place was packed and no problems. The only time an ambulance came thru, was for a diabetic needing assistance. Smooth runnings and props to the Midwest Biker.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:18 pm 
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

What happened??...had a great time again. the cops do a really good job of letting people alone as long as their acting safe.Saw one dumbass on main street Friday night trying to do a burnout when leaving. This is where we have to police ourselves if he would have lost control and hurt someone (maybe a kid) that would be the end of this event as we know it. I did go over to him and tell him how impressed I was with his display of stupidity. Thanks again to the people of Tomahawk for putting on this great event.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:14 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Attended this years fall ride as I have for the past four years. I think its an event that Tomahawk can be proud of. My hats off to the police and the promoters for keeping it a safe event for all. Fom my observations it looked like all the venders did very well this year. By saturday I know the pickings were getting slim at a lot of the booths. Can anyone give me what the pedicted number in attendace was ? I know it had to be a lot more than last year. My only complaint of the whole event was the band down by the bowling alley. The last two years its been pretty bad. Even my son ,whos into that type of music said it was bad ,last year. Bands at the east end were fantastic and by the numbers of people at that end it showed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:50 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Had a great time at the Tomahawk Fall Ride this year. Arrived on Thursday at the Tomahawk Speeway and stayed till Sunday. The bands were fantastic. The only gripe I have is that some idiot was reving his bike non stop from 2am till 4am every morning and we couldn't find the showers. Luckily my family lives in Tomahawk, so we had a place to go for showers.