Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 1 (more)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
Hi, Is there an ice rink schedule? We would be interested in figure skating hours for the public. We have a cottage on Muskelunge Lake and are up in Tomahawk most weekends. I understand there is a strong hockey program and an indoor rink.
Cathy Zimmermann < CathyZimmermann@msn.com >
Marshfield , WI USA - Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 08:11:16 (EST)

Thsi message is directed to all the people in Tomahawk who I have never met. Be patient, I'll get there yet and get the net. Hello especially to Miss Laurie Baumann, who used to reside in LacduFlambeau around 1980. Miss you terribly.
T. Thompson < one800@earthlink.net >
USA - Wednesday, October 09, 2002 at 14:52:02 (EST)

Was here about 3 years ago, and dropped a message about Kwahamot '75. I know I missed the big 25 reunion, and didn't see anything listed about it, or future. If they are planning anything for 28 or 30, I would appreciate contact information. Beging way down here in Texas, I miss the northwoods, and would love to give my wife of 25 years, any reason to visit (move) back to the Tomahawk area. Just read on the leader front page about the improvements to the school. Maybe that's reason enough. Anyone from class of 75 or 76, I would appreciate a Hi Ya'll. Thanks.
C Folz < clandbj@aol.com >
Spring Branch, TX USA - Friday, October 04, 2002 at 12:52:16 (EST)

sorry about this but hope mike stays with the gang next year
carrie < escapecb@charter.net >
tomahawk, wi USA - Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 09:30:41 (EST)

I just wanted to thank the Brell's on harley weekend they stayed with me and they were great. Also Bruce and Rene. You are all welcome to stay next year. hope you liked your first harley event
carrie < escapecb@charter.net >
tomahawk, wi USA - Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 09:28:29 (EST)

howdy to all the Ball/Seavey relatives in Tomahawk. Had a blast this summer...can't imagine being away from the northwoods for 9 years...won't let that happen again! Keep in touch!
colleen post < cpost2581@aol.com >
fort worth, tx USA - Tuesday, September 17, 2002 at 14:26:36 (EST)

help, looking for pic's of the "women in motion" fundraiser in tomahawk
chris < krisp280@yahoo.com >
woodruff, wi USA - Monday, August 26, 2002 at 15:52:28 (EST)

Hi everyone. I wrote the book, "I'm Living Your Dream Life: The Story of a Northwoods Resort Owner." I just want to thank the Northwoods Community for all your support and good wishes. The release of this book enabled me to meet so many fellow resort and business owners in our beautiful Northwoods. Thank you so much for your comments and your stories! I'm in Tucson (had to get the kids in school) but will be back in the Northwoods for our big disc golf tournament over Labor Day weekend. Stop by and say, "hello!"
Michele Cozzens
Tucson, AZ USA - Tuesday, August 20, 2002 at 17:05:57 (EST)

i dey here ndi igbo
mugu < mugu @white.com >
USA - Sunday, August 18, 2002 at 14:13:16 (EST)

Hello Northwoods Wisconsin!!! I've had the pleasure taking countless family vacations in Tomahawk where we stayed at Duck Point Resort. I have way to many memories of Tomahawk to list. But, One memory of my vacations is one that I'll never forget and it isn't a place but a Soft Drink called Sunbow Soda. It came in many flavors.( Mine including Sassabrilla) We always use to get it at the Nelson's grocery store in Tomahawk. Does anyone know if they still make it and or know where to get information about it.? Thanks!!!
Loraine Fenske < lmfenske@iopener.net >
Willowbrook, IL USA - Thursday, August 15, 2002 at 15:17:28 (EST)

I was jsut in tomahwak with my family an we have been going there for 30 years for 1 week. it is soo great, we stay right off of lake alice an its beatiful. i am 13 an i just cought a 40 1/2in. 15lb northern an it was huge!! chuck is gonna stuff it an i know he will do a great job, if you want to stuff a fish go there! i will be in the tomahwkleader tuesday!!
jeremy brongiel < jaydogg09@msn.com >
midlothian, il USA - Sunday, August 11, 2002 at 01:20:15 (EST)

As one of the authors to a book called Postcards of Tomahawk I invite you to enjoy viewing and purchasing this book from the Tomahawk Historical Society.There are 167 postcards dating as far back as 1895. The purchase of the book helps to raise funds for the Historical Society. This book can be found at the Society museums as well as various stores in town.
Dan Durand < PDDREO@aol.com >
Oak Creek, WI USA - Saturday, August 10, 2002 at 23:07:34 (EST)

Hello from St. Louis! We think of Tomahawk and our friends a lot. Hope to get up there for a visit soon.
The Falcone Family < rebelf@prodigy.net >
St. Louis, MO USA - Thursday, August 01, 2002 at 22:16:41 (EST)

Hi, I am french and I spent a year in Tomahawk from August 10th 2001 to July 8th 2002 with the Theiler's family. I just wanted to thank my host family, the schoolboard and the community. I had a great year and met great people that I will never forget and who have a special place in my thought. I also want to say hi to all the people I know in Tomahawk. I hope to come back soon in what I call my second home. Lucie Hi! I'm the daughter of Grant LeRoy Graeber Jr., and grand-daughter to Jenny Graeber (who still resides in Tomahawk). I just wanted to say "Hello," and wish you all a happy summer from Orlando!
Megan Hunter < ladyskye77@hotmail.com >
Orlando, FL USA - Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 12:58:02 (EST)

Bonjour de FRANCE, Through our daughter Lucie's mails, and the reading of the Tomahawk Leader on Internet, we had a small idea of what Tomahawk is like. In May, we had the chance to go to Lucie's graduation at THS and so to discover Tomahawk and its inhabitants. The landscape is beautiful with lakes and woods. We would like to thank the Theiler family and all the nice people we met during our stay in Tomahawk. It was a wonderful week, and it will stay in our memories. MERCI POUR TOUT.
Sylvie & Jean-Paul Lapierre < jean-paul.lapierre@noos.fr >
Paris, FRANCE - Monday, July 01, 2002 at 17:29:29 (EST)

Hi! to everyone in Tomahawk. Class of "69" Send an email if you have a chance.
Don Jarvis < jarvis8484@charter.net >
Stoughton, WI USA - Monday, July 01, 2002 at 15:49:00 (EST)

I JUST WANT TO THANK TOMAHAWK CITIZENS FOR HAVING A GREAT TOWN. I AM 25 AND HAVE BEEN COMING UP THERE SINCE I WAS A BABY. MY RELATIVES INCLUDE THE BOWMANS AND WICKLANDS. THEY USED TO OWN CLINTS CASTLE. I WILL BE COMING UP FOR THE 4TH OF JULY. SEE YA AT THE PARADE.
KEITH HEIDRICH < DIEHARDCUBFAN2002@YAHOO.COM >
GREENVILLE, OH USA - Monday, July 01, 2002 at 10:31:58 (EST)

does anyone know a female student whose last name was either Weber or weaver that may have attended THS around 1948. Please contact me if you have any info. Thanks. gsanders@dor.state.wi.us
Jennie < gsanders@dor.state.wi.us >
wausau, wi USA - Thursday, June 27, 2002 at 14:35:49 (EST)

GOD CALLED ONE OF THIS TRUE FIGHTERS BACK TO HIS FLOCK TODAY. MARY ANN TIMM WAS A FIGHTER AND SHE WILL BE MISSED.
TIM TIMM < TIMMHAWK@AOL.COM >
GREEN BAY, WI USA - Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 00:09:56 (EST)

I would like to say hi to my friend and her family. Hi Lizette and Larry. Hope to hear from you soon. Michelle
MICHELLE VOIE < LILPOOHBEAR@MAIL.COM >
IOLA, WI USA - Sunday, June 09, 2002 at 21:58:04 (EST)

CLASS OF 1992! If you have not heard from me concerning the reunion that means I am still looking for you! It's coming up fast. You need to make a reservation with me for the dinner. Please e-mail me at strebigtribe@klinktech.net if you have any questions.
Kari < strebigtribe@klinktech.net >
Tomahawk, USA - Friday, June 07, 2002 at 16:11:26 (EST)

Cheers from Nunavut in Arctic Canada
Phil <info@pellybay.com >
Nunavut, Canada - Friday, June 07, 2002 at 12:08:26 (EST)

Well I still havent heard from anyone from the class of 86 oh well such is life . Doesnt matter to me either way anyway cuz to me up there is just my stomping ground anyway.
Bruce Roman < barlar2251@charter.net >
Clinton, WI USA - Wednesday, June 05, 2002 at 21:54:23 (EST)

Mary Muckerheide was very fortunate to have the friendship and care of people in the Tomahawk community. At our family gatherings Mary's main topic of conversation was often about her EMS, Fire Dept, Lady Bugs and Tomahawk Leader "Family". She loved the Tomahawk community and at her funeral yesterday it was clear the people of Tomahawk loved and cared for her as well. I would just like to say Thank You to everyone in the Tomahawk area who were a part of Mary's "family in the northwoods". You meant alot to her and provided a beautiful ceremony for her final farewell June 1, 2002. I know she is smiling from up above. I know this because Mary Muckerheide was my Godmother, Aunt and friend. (I knew her all my life as Aunt Mamie) Thank you again. And, when you mention her at the Community Awards Ceremony tonight please know that her greatest award has been the love and respect from each of you who knew her.
Dave Barwick < dbarwick@charter.net >
Madison, WI USA - Sunday, June 02, 2002 at 13:32:23 (EST)

In the late 70s I could not wait to leave Tomahawk,today I can not wait to move back.To all who no me there,I MISS YOU ALL.I have mist so much over the years.When I visit Tomahawk I can,t believe how much it has changed. The faces and places all look so different.Some day I will return to the town where no matter how long I,m away I will allways call home.
bob cis < bob@acronet.net >
kenosha, wi USA - Saturday, June 01, 2002 at 22:27:47 (EST)

Just wanted to say hi to all the Class of 86 and say that i really miss the everything up there would love to stay in contact with everyone up there cuz to me we all were like a big family up there .
Bruce Roman < barlar2251@charter.net >
Clinton, Wi USA - Thursday, May 30, 2002 at 22:37:53 (EST)

Does anyone know Gordon Benson?
Sheila Benson < cscbenson@earthlink.net >
Tampa, Fl USA - Thursday, May 30, 2002 at 09:59:55 (EST)

Attention Class of 1992! We are still trying to find the following people: Jenine Clements, Cris Hanson, Val Hanson, Steve Humphrey, Jennifer Klade, Dan Kohout, Charlie Ledee old friends Steve or Gary Zernach. We were neighbors for 6 years before I moved to KC. I saw a photo on the website of Derek and figured he was a son of one of them. If anyone has a number or e-mail address or they could pass along mine that would be appreciated.
Bob Gillett < bamm66@hotmail.com >
Kansas City, mo USA - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 02:38:48 (EST)