Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 8
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
Talked to Rene' Roberge the other day by phone in Chicago. He told me about the "Leader on line" and I have been enjoying it ever since. GREAT IDEA! Paul Wallis, Class of 63
Paul E. Wallis < pwallis@owerh.net >
Pensacola, Fl USA - Wednesday, May 26, 1999 at 13:19:53 (EDT)
Resident of Tomahawk, Wisconsin, visiting my hometown newspaper and looking at a picture of my father who is an EMT, also my sister who is an EMT. Thank you for making it possible to see what is going on in Tomahawk.
Kristina Armstrong < kristina.armstrong@aviano.af.mil >
Aviano, Italy, Italy - Saturday, May 22, 1999 at 15:33:17 (EDT)
I have just read those enthusiastic comments of the beauty of your town and the Northwoods. My genealogist friend there in Tomahawk sent this URL of Tomahawk Leader for me to check up and now I have done it. This town surely must be something worth knowing. May be one day I will walk there in the park. Until then - have it nice.
J. Nystrom < jnystrom@bigfoot.com >
PRV, FINLAND - Tuesday, May 18, 1999 at 06:54:31 (EDT)
I just received a phone call from my good friend Lynn Scheller, Albuquerque, NM and he told me about the Leader from our other friend, Rene Robarge, in Chicago. We are the class of 1962 THS.I was so excited to learn that there is a place to learn about Tomahawk and what is happening up there. Although we moved in 1959 Tomahawk is still "home" with wonderful memories. The old Whittier School, the bridge, our last year at the old high school and all our classmates that we have not forgotten. What a wonderful place to grow up!
Rita Schroeder Abitz < AABITZ@ZIANET.COM >
Las Cruces, nm USA - Sunday, May 16, 1999 at 23:59:30 (EDT)
My family has had a cottage out on the Somo for over 50 years, so Tomahawk is one of my favorite places on this planet. I have just completed touring my 18th nation, and believe me, there's no place like northern Wisconsin. Your photos of the Nelson Liquor Mart demolition were heart-rending! I feel as though a part of my childhood has been taken away! All the best to everyone up there!
Dennis M. Dahl < donttellmama@hotmail.com >
Walnut, IL USA - Monday, May 10, 1999 at 16:52:44 (EDT)
Hello Tomahawk , I just want to say I read News papers all over the globe on my computer and your's is the most (Impressive ) one of the all, the lay out and coloring is great. I enjoy reading your paper --- Jim --- love your town
James N Strong < jnstrong@tznet.com >
Mosinee, Wi. USA - Wednesday, May 05, 1999 at 12:11:28 (EDT)
Hey everyone, I gratuated from THS in '90 and went into the military so time back home is far and few between. This is a great thing for people like me always away from home. Since leaving, I have seen 7 countries and 37 states, thanks to the Air Force. I encourage anyone who recognizes the name to drop me an E-mail. Thanks
jody walbeck < robinandjody@home.com >
oklahoma city, ok USA - Thursday, April 29, 1999 at 22:45:35 (EDT)
Hello Tomahawk: I was just browsing the web to see if I could get any fishing reports from around the Antigo area where my family is from. No luck but was excited to see that Tomahawk is giving us fishing reports from God's country. Thanks a lot. Just so you know; I love to fish and have taken my gear to every country I have worked in. From catching black bass in Papua New Guinea (big, mean and hard to catch) to trying my luck here in Taiwan. Nothing to brag about yet but envy all you folks who will be out opening day for the BigEyes. Wish I could be with you. Thanks for being there. I will follow the fishing reports with envy and relish.
Joe Irish < joeirish@phxeng.com.tw >
Taipei, Taiwan - Thursday, April 29, 1999 at 06:39:32 (EDT)
sorry didn't put in the correct e-mail address so I fixed it. Just in case.
Diane Connolly-Brady < DBrady1057@aol.com >
Oak Lawn, Il USA - Wednesday, April 28, 1999 at 00:34:58 (EDT)
HI Tomahawk, I used to live there from 1975-1979, but spent many a summer there in the 60's and 70's. At one time I was employed at Jack's I.G.A. Had many a good friends in Tomahawk. I was a patron of "Provo's" and "While A Ways" I think Bob and Beth still own it. My parents once owned a home on Lake Nokomis but now live at Clear Waters Trailer Park north of town. Some of my old friends still live in the area. If anyone who remembers me please drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you. This was really a great idea to have you online. I just found out about a short time ago. Hope to hear from some of my old friends soon. Take Care
Diane Connolly-Brady < DBrady1057@aol.com >
Oak Lawn, Il USA - Wednesday, April 28, 1999 at 00:26:23 (EDT)
I really enjoy this website. Being at college and working almost full time limits me from coming back and visiting family and friends to find out what is going on in good old Tomahawk. This website is a great way to keep informed of all the news and to keep me in touch with my roots.
Katie Schmit < katie_annschmit@hotmail.com >
Winona, MN USA - Monday, April 26, 1999 at 12:24:24 (EDT)
Hi... My girlfriend is from Tomahawk, and used to write for this newspaper (don't know if she wants me to use her name, but she's a redhead and lives out in the Boston area!). As I may be coming out to visit the area this summer, I'll have to stop by here and read up on the events this summer!
Mike Maddaloni <mike@monehp.com >
Waltham, MA USA - Monday, April 12, 1999 at 22:22:26 (EDT)
Love coming to the Northern Wisconsin area, BUT ONLY DURING THE SUMMER!!!
Tom Elliott < guirja@aol.com >
Cleveland, TN USA - Wednesday, April 07, 1999 at 12:47:44 (EDT)
Tomahawk should be kept secret!
Mark Koth < mkoth@banta.com >
Butte des Morts, WI USA - Saturday, April 03, 1999 at 23:13:12 (EST)
Great idea to catch up on all the news, our home away from home,We really enjoy the Tomahawk area we have been coming up for the last twenty years...Even our e mail address is Tomahawk....
Frank & Betsy Dedeo < somolake@genevaonline.com >
Burlington,, WI USA - Sunday, March 28, 1999 at 13:41:57 (EST)
Greetings from the "really" Far North. I needed to send you another message to just say that reading the Leader is a lot of fun and a real joy to connect with my Hometown! We have a new e-mail address and wanted to send you some more "kudos" on the web site. Thanks again. John Beiler
John Beiler < jbeiler@gci.net >
Juneau, AK USA - Thursday, March 25, 1999 at 13:32:57 (EST)
IM SO GLAD TO BEABLE TO KEEP UP ON THE LOCAL NEWS IN TOMAHAWK. I REALLY ENJOY SPENDING TIME UP THERE EVERY YEAR. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
JEFF OELHAFEN < JJWTT@BYTEHEAD.COM >
SHEBOYGAN, WI USA - Monday, March 22, 1999 at 22:59:00 (EST)

I was born and raised in Tomahawk but haven't lived there for 26 years. I love coming back to visit and hope to return permanently in the coming years. This web site is wonderful, makes me feel like I am back home again. I miss the Northwoods. No other place like it.
Vicki Ament < vlamer@hotmail.com >
Eagle River, AK USA - Sunday, March 21, 1999 at 20:10:20 (EST)

The Tomahawk area is one of the greatest places to visit. The fishing and the surrounding area is a treasure. I have only visited there three times, each time was an experience. The Pine Point Poker Run, going from tavern to tavern, is a blast. I would recommend it to everyone this year. It is the first week in August. So come out, and the beer will be flowing.
The Bishop < bl@marianchs.com >
chicago, IL USA - Tuesday, March 16, 1999 at 12:53:23 (EST)

To start with I am probably the BIGGEST northwoods fanatic that ever lived! I'v been coming up to Rhinelander for 28 straight years now. I first started coming up when I was just three years old! Now I bring MY family up every year. We ALWAYS stop in at Tomahawk every year! We just LOVE it there! The biggest thing we enjoy at Tomahawk is your Tomahawk Speedway, it is the ace of all racetracks we love the asphalt track! Someday I can't wait to do some musky fishing in your town. I am an avid musky fisherman! YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT TOMAHAWK AND THE NORTHWOODS!!!!
Dennis Medbourn < musky-3@cqc.com >
Logansport, Indiana USA - Monday, March 15, 1999 at 17:46:46 (EST)

It's great to get caught up on what's going on in the northern woods. I've been going up to Tomahawk since I was born visiting my grandma Dorothy Turner and my uncle Dean who owns Three T's Resort on Lake Nokomis. Now I bring my 4 kids up to enjoy the great Tomahawk experience. Thanks Tomahawk Leader for the updates.
Fred Turner, Jr. < buzzonby@aol.com >
West Chicago, IL USA - Sunday, March 14, 1999 at 00:52:13 (EST)

My old friend and colleague, Mel Miller, has a cabin on Lake Nokomis that I have visited regularly over the last 20 years. For several years now, I've helped him open the cabin in the spring. I've always been impressed by the friendliness and vitality of the people in Tomahawk. I tell friends that it is the busiest town in the upper Midwest, there always seems to be something interesting happening in Tomahawk. I'm looking forward to another early spring visit this May. Keep us "outlanders" posted on fishing conditions, please. Thanks
Bob Doolittle < rjdoo@webzone.net >
Tulsa, Ok USA - Thursday, March 11, 1999 at 10:46:59 (EST)

Nice web site. I go up to Tomahawk every year on vacation. My grandpa and grandma live up there 6 months out of the year. They will really like this site.
Ryan Bute < rbute@hotmail.com >
Seneca, IL USA - Sunday, March 07, 1999 at 14:26:54 (EST)

Hello up in the North Woods! Can't wait for warmer weather so we can get back up to fish. We have relatives in Tomahawk & usually get up there several times a year, from Spring to Fall. We also have a favorite resort on Lake Alice, Big John's Fish-a-While, where our German Shepherd, Trini, thinks she's queen of the place. Hope to see every one soon.
Jim & Jackie Wood < woodhaus@mail.icongrp.com >
Cedar Lake, IN USA - Saturday, March 06, 1999 at 20:25:49 (EST)

Greetings to our friends in Tomahawk, It is so nice to beable to find the Tomahawk Leader on the net. It keeps up on the news from home. We look forward to being back for the summer, but not missing your cold weather. We have been in the 80's and 90's down here. Doug and Dee Polar
Doug and Dee Polar < delite327@aol.com >
Brownsville, TX USA - Thursday, March 04, 1999 at 22:56:58 (EST)

This site is great. I graduated from Tomahawk in 91and it is nice to be able to see home when I can't make it up to visit my family from here in Chicago. Keep up the good work and thanks for letting us keep up.
Dawn D. Jorgensen < dawn.d.jorgensen@us.pwcglobal.com >
Chicago, IL USA - Tuesday, March 02, 1999 at 12:05:31 (EST)

I love your town. Its a great place to visit and I bet a good place to live. People are honest and hard working. I can find real peace there.
Ed OBrien < EJO2435@aol.com >
Iowa City, Ia USA - Friday, February 26, 1999 at 15:56:07 (EST)

Tomahawk has always been my families little retreat town, and now that I'm in college, I love it there even more!! Never change it!!!
Michelle Dedeo < madedeo@students.wisc.edu >
Madison , WI USA - Sunday, February 21, 1999 at 22:36:06 (EST)

We're up every Sept for Harley Open House for 15 years,even subscribed to the Leader for 2 years. We were visiting friends there over Valentines weekend, and now see that the Leader is on internet. This is wonderful, I'll read it every week... Thanks again.... Terry&Dave
Terry & Dave Day< < tryday51@webtv.net >
River Grve, Il USA - Tuesday, February 16, 1999 at 07:40:58 (EST)

I enjoyed finally seeing your pages after hearing so much about them. You have some wonderful information. Thanks!
Nan Branen < nbranen@wi.net >
Burlington, WI USA - Friday, February 12, 1999 at 15:19:00 (EST)

Thanks to Tomahawk Leader's Address, I have been able to locate some old friends from High School. Thanks.
Tami Schoone <t_schoone@hotmail.com >
Rota, SP Spain - Thursday, February 11, 1999 at 11:24:28 (EST)

I grew up in Tomahawk and graduated in '68. Moved away in the early '70's, but I still have relatives and friends up in the Tomahawk area. I keep current on happenings with the website and newspaper. Love them both. I get back at least once or twice a year, but never for long enough. Would like to hear from anyone back "HOME". Keep up the good work on this great site.
Rose (Conant) Bradwisch <rbradwisch@hotmail.com >
White Lake, S.D. USA - Wednesday, February 10, 1999 at 16:20:10 (EST)

Great web site Kerry. It's a fun way to keep up on the northwoods news. All my memories of the time I spent in Tomahawk are fond ones. Though I really enjoy living in Milwaukee (I even have become a sushi addict), I treasure the time I am able to spend in Tomahawk. I usually get up there every 8-10 weeks. I get squirelly if I don't get up there! It generally takes me a few hours to wind down to the more laid back pace, but by Sundays I am refreshed and refocused. I'll be up in a couple weeks for a visit and can't wait.
Michele Martinez <mmartinez@chw.org >
Milwaukee, USA - Monday, February 08, 1999 at 16:38:58 (EST)

Oops, email address left off previous note
Steve/Elaine Romanelli < linny924@aol.com >
Winfield, IL USA - Thursday, February 04, 1999 at 09:47:36 (EST)

Hi.Looking for historical information on the old "Holloway House" on Clear Lake (north of town off Highway 8) Any ifnormation would be appreciated!Thanks
Steve/Elaine Romanelli
Winfield, IL USA - Tuesday, February 02, 1999 at 13:48:59 (EST)

Great Website. In spring, summer, and fall I feel at home in Tomahawk. I haven't been up there since September and I really miss the North Woods. Unfortunately, I had go back to work. Anyone have an alternate. I just love the nature and adventure. Great to have Tomahawk Leader on the net. Cindy......
Cindy Javens <CinJav@Execpc.com >
Muskego, WI USA - Thursday, January 28, 1999 at 21:13:38 (EST)

Hi everyone, I Just got a call from my folks (Bob and Eunice Oertli) telling us that my mom's picture is on the internet at your website. So, I had to check it out. Nice job. I'm really glad to see that the newspaper has such a website. Keep up the good work.
Barb Reuter <breuter@twcny.rr.com >
Fayetteville, NY USA - Tuesday, January 26, 1999 at 19:33:43 (EST)

Post subject: Re: Guestbook Page 8
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:35 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
Not that I know of but we'll see if my parents reply at all (they have the book that lists the family connections).