Archives

This is a place you can type a news article or idea, submit a picture, etc. If you've ever wanted to be a journalist, here is your chance!
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Archives

Postby Old Scout » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:24 am

Is there a way to access past pages of the web site front page or if not would it be possible to make them available. There are times when it would be nice to be able to refer back to some information that was on in the past.

<small>[ January 17, 2006, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Old Scout ]</small>
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No

Re: Archives

Postby Kerry Tobin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:27 pm

Not at this time... It is a feature we hope to implement in the future.

sweetpeasearching
Beginner
Beginner

Postby sweetpeasearching » Thu May 11, 2006 11:37 am

I think it would be great to pull up old archives of births and deaths. Is there a way to do that? From 1973 and on? Maybe not online but through library archives?

Brian
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.

Postby Brian » Thu May 11, 2006 5:08 pm

The Tomahawk Public Library has back issues of the Tomahawk Leader with obituaries and birth announcements. Here is their web address:
Tomahawk Public Library
You can also try the Lincoln County Register of Deeds office here for birth/marriage/death records requests:
http://www.co.lincoln.wi.us/departments/services/?department=aa384fe82c0c
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No

Postby Kerry Tobin » Thu May 11, 2006 8:29 pm

The Tomahawk Leader office also has back issues. We are working on an archive search but it will most likely not be able to go back more than a couple of years at this point...

sweetpeasearching
Beginner
Beginner

Postby sweetpeasearching » Fri May 12, 2006 10:48 am

Thank you Brian and Kerry for the info. I called the library and they are going to do some research for me. Thanks so much. I am learning people in Tomahawk where I was born are very friendly and helpful. Some day I hope to come visit and see my hometown.

Return to “Your News Stories”