MDA Telethon – for all you do …

Letters to the Editor from the Tomahawk Leader.
Tomahawk Leader

MDA Telethon – for all you do …

Postby Tomahawk Leader » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:22 pm

Letter printed in the 9/12/06 Tomahawk Leader:

Dear Editor:

This Labor Day weekend, thanks to the generosity of the people of Tomahawk, the broadcast here of the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon raised over $245,000 in contribution and pledges.
On behalf of the Muscular Dystrophy Association and the families in our community affected by muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular diseases, I want to say thank you.

Every year I continue to be moved by the caring displayed by the American public, no matter how difficult their own lives are and no matter what’s going on in the world.

Heartfelt thanks also go to WJFW NBC 12 in Rhinelander for broadcasting the telethon and helping to make it a success.
I also want to express appreciation to the many local businesses for their important contributions to this year’s show. Their ongoing, year-round support makes it possible for MDA to maintain important services needed by your neighbors with neuromuscular diseases.

For information about MDA or any of our programs, contact the local MDA office at 920-499-0564 or visit our web site at

Thanks again, Tomahawk, for all you do in behalf of families who count on MDA all year long!

Jerry Lewis
National Chairman
Muscular Dystrophy Association

Return to “Letters to the Editor”