Remember high school? …

Letters to the Editor from the Tomahawk Leader.
Tomahawk Leader
Administrator
Administrator

Remember high school? …

Postby Tomahawk Leader » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:59 pm

A Letter in the March 7 Tomahawk Leader:

To the Editor:

To everyone who experienced high school:

Remember when you were in high school? Remember those fun crazy parties? Remember those “high school jocks” lighting up, downing a cold brew?

Breaking the high school code of conduct has been going on since the beginning of the first high school, and continues to go on today. How that code of conduct is broken, should not be an issue, one athlete should not be singled out when we can all be pretty certain that there are other athletes also “misbehaving.” Remember when you were in high school? Hang in there Lampe family.

Roni Chiolino
Tomahawk

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family

Re: Remember high school? …

Postby Kerry Tobin » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:42 am

So if one person commits a crime and gets away with it we should let everyone else too?

Sad...

logic1
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family

Postby logic1 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:46 am

I believe the bottom line is this....Anthony Lampe is set to be a role model for up & coming athletes as well as the youth in the community. What kind of message is being sent if this is overlooked & his title is let to stand?? What are we teaching the children (& adults for that matter) about the rules that are set forth and SUPPOSED to be adhered to??? It is unfortunate that this happened but.... IT DID! Now the consequences to to be paid.

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.

Postby Deb Richardson » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:22 pm

Please, singled out? The last time I checked a felony is a pretty big issue, sending someone to the hospital also a big issue.
Granted Roni, kids break the athletic code everyday and don't get caught, it doesn't make it anymore right. We also know that there are parents and even coaches, that are well aware of kids that have broken the athletic code and don't do anything about it, again that doesn't make it anymore right. I guess I'll never quite understand how someone can admit to a crime and expect not to pay the consequences. Nor do I understand how a parent can put the athletic status of one child above the pain and suffering of another child.
Actually Roni, I find no point in your letter.
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Return to “Letters to the Editor”