Smokefree Bingo …

Letters to the Editor from the Tomahawk Leader.
Tomahawk Leader
Administrator
Administrator

Smokefree Bingo …

Postby Tomahawk Leader » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:34 pm

The following letter is published in the 1-9-07 Tomahawk Leader:

To the Editor,

I am writing this letter about a very controversial subject. It is in regard to the smoking at Bingo at SARA Park. There should be no smoking at all in any public buildings. Shame on the leaders of our city for not passing and enforcing the no-smoking ordinance.

We all know the effects of secondhand smoke and it’s killing us all. Some say it will hurt the Harley weekend. I don’t think so. There are thousands of Harley people that would welcome clean air to breathe.

It would be such an easy thing to fix. Play five games of Bingo, take a five minute smoke break, five more games, five minute break, etc. No 15 minute intermission.

The food that is sold is right next to smoking section, so gets contaminated also.

I hope you will do the right thing and get it corrected before regular Bingo starts in May.

Thank you for printing this.
Virginia Hopseker
Clearwater, Fla.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Re: Smokefree Bingo …

Postby Old Scout » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:48 am

Since when does living in Florida qualify someone to tell the people of Tomahawk what the cities policies should be. After all, they haven't figured out how voting machines work. :roll:
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

logic1
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family

Postby logic1 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 am

let's get real here. Smoking should not be allowed in a public building regardless. What does it matter where you are from in regards to sharing your opinion? Actually, if I am not mistaken, Hopsekers have lived in this area for sometime. (Summer and/or winter residents) Bottom line is, smoking in a public setting is just wrong! ;)

redo2006
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Postby redo2006 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:44 pm

I am a smoker but would not think of smoking in a public place..If you can't do without a cig for an hour or so stay home. I am sure you could go out side to smoke.

Return to “Letters to the Editor”