Hi-Speed Internet

The new Guestbook. Feel free to post messages to say hi, update friends, etc.
Dave-kb

Hi-Speed Internet

Postby Dave-kb » Wed May 07, 2008 2:03 pm

I am moving up to Tomahawk in the very near future and try to do a little business out of my home (Town of King). Can anyone give info on what is available (Satelite, DSL, T1, etc). Would appreciate any kind of feeback ... From the class of 1965 THS

Dave Koske
dkoske736@comcast.net

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Re: Hi-Speed Internet

Postby Old Scout » Wed May 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Unless you are in or near the city you won't likly get DSL. Some of the high population subdivisions near the city that have cable can get it but most outlying areas have to live with dial-up. :(

Satalite would probably be your option.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family

Postby Kerry Tobin » Thu May 08, 2008 6:24 am

Another one to check on is cellular service for internet. In some area's Alltel and possibly some of the others are supposed to have decent speeds. They're definitely better than dialup...

Postby Guest » Fri May 09, 2008 6:05 am

Tell me it ain't so! When I get back to Tomahawk and if I go rural I'll have to go back to dial-up?

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Fri May 09, 2008 10:00 am

Yes, and it is wonderfull newnorth.net which works great about 10% of the time. On any given day you will probably be disconnected at least 3 or 4 times while you are on line. If you can, find another option. I have heard there is another available in some areas, I think it is called K-link or some thing like that.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Postby Guest » Sat May 24, 2008 5:33 am

it is Keylink Technologies & is right here in Tomahawk. They are listed in the phone book & located in the Hilgy's building right in town.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat May 24, 2008 5:33 am.

Return to “Guestbook”