Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:27 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

What's the plan? Is there a fund set up anywhere?
What a horrific tragedy upon tragedy. I thought there would have been an article or something here but I had to read it in the Wausau Daily Herald.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:17 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
aph, I just read the online Herald, how terribly sad for this family. According to the online story there has been a fund set up at Tomahawk Community Bank. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the Anderson's

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:57 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Grew up in Tomahawk in the 50s and early 60s, left after High School in '64
Here's the link to Sunday's online Herald story. There's also an address and phone number posted for contributions.

What a terrible shame they have to face another tragedy....

----------------

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/apps/p ... 1581/WDH01

To help the Anderson family, the Randall Anderson Senior Family Fire Fund has been established at Tomahawk Community Bank, 15 E. Wisconsin Ave. Those interested in donating may call 715-453-2144.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:37 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family
I have sat back long enough without commenting on this situation - here goes: yes it was a terrible thing that happened to Roechelle & my heart aches for her family.Multiple fundraisers where held to help the child left behind - awesome thing to do. What a great community we live in! It is great to help people but, it comes a time they also have to help themselves. The funeral for Roechelle was paid for by the organization that owns Zepher - Randy Anderson NEVER had insurance on his trailer to begin with. He put the story out that they had to drop insurance in order to pay for the funeral - two things that are untrue. Enough is enough - they need to start helping themselves & not just hope the towns of Tomahawk (Merrill was fundraised to the max also) & the public to make everything better. I happen to know for a fact that what I stated is true. Helping people is a godd thing but, if it is taken advantage of - shame on them. I certainly hope this is not the case.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:51 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering how there could be no insurance on the home. If there is any sort of mortgage on it it is generally required by the lender. And even if it is fully paid for, then it is a matter of personal responsibility.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:33 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Grew up in Tomahawk in the 50s and early 60s, left after High School in '64
Hmmm... What a uneasy and uncomfortable position it puts us in ( me / the people who wish the family well and may have contributed to their cause) with the knowledge that the generosity that they've received 'may' have been taken advantage of to some extent.

They have obviously been hurt beyond any comprehension with the terrible loss of their daughter. And now the loss of their home and possessions makes it even more terrible. Trouble and pain piled on trouble and pain.

I don't know how to reconcile in my mind what Logic1 just said about the insurance thing if it's true. But after what they've been through I would be hard pressed to criticize them...the tragedy is just TOO great. Because of this I'm inclined to cut them some slack i.e. turning a blind eye to any minor 'wrongs'. But I also know the arguments against what I just said....

I know that many people have helped this family that has suffered some great losses. Now it's probably time, as Logic1 says, for them to help themselves and move on from these tragedy’s.

I'm still not sure how I feel... I just wish them well… I wish none of it had happened…

p.s. I know that my view is that of someone who is not living in the area, thus I cannot 'feel' what the local community feels about things. My sense comes only via the Message Board and the online Leader. But maybe I add some balance because of this...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:45 am 
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

I have to post this.. Zephyers paid for Rochelle's funeral. Also after Zephyers put aside 3 cents per gal of gas bought for Izzy Hartwig (Rochelle's daughter).. Randy and Tara started a law suit with out ever getting permission to use Izzy's name on the suit. Now Zephyers are not putting the money into Izzy's account because of the law suit. I happen to know Izzy's father and other grandfather. Also my son works with Rochelle's brother.... beware... also was told that Randy and Tara have been trying to get into Izzy's account..
I was also reminded of how Tara stated that "they would like to rebuild some day" and that was in the paper or on t.v interview..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:56 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
Folks maybe need to be careful about what is posted to this thread. In a litagation happy society statements that are considered to be libel could cost the originator.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:58 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Wise words Deb!