Fall Ride

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family

Re: Fall Ride

Postby Kerry Tobin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 pm

Then again, throw in the earlier state trooper discussion and it might only require a change of uniform... :D

** No offense intended to our donut eating friends **

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:25 pm

elkabong,
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Tomahawk Leader Message Board!

From the former "Grammar/spelling nazi",

Jeff
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:36 pm

deleted
Last edited by Jeff Boettcher on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Hmm!! The Law
Beginner
Beginner
Tie to Tomahawk: Live Free There

Postby Hmm!! The Law » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Well Said
Last edited by Hmm!! The Law on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elkabong
Beginner
Beginner

Postby elkabong » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:28 am

Well, how 'bout it, Dingbat? How did the officer know that your current muffler produced more noise than the original? Did the officer show you a decibel meter reading? Did he or she present a comparison reading from the original muffler?

Or did the officer just have some extraordinary cognizance that would allow him or her to mentally compare the noise level of your new muffler to your old muffler while sitting in the squad? (I'm reminded of Price County Judge Carlson's nickname for a particular State Trooper, "The Oracle of All Knowledge")

Come on, with all due respect, let's get real... we dso need the extra enforcement but, admit it, the extra cash is nice, isn't it? Oh, the law is the law? Does anyone recall seeing squad cars roll through stops signs without a complete stop? (No emergency, just too lazy to press the brake that hard.) Have you ever seen a police vehicle sitting on the right-of-way after dark with all the lights out and an officer inside doing traffic control? (Another violation of the statutes.) How about a squad going down the road with its parking lights on at twilight? (Another violation, they're called "parking lights" because they are supposed to indicate to other drivers that the vehicle is not moving.)

Oh dear, didn't I mention before that enforcement would deny it to high heaven? As much as we appreciate them and the risks they take on our behalf, they are human and they, like the rest of us, use the law to their own purposes at times. Like I said, the overtime has to be paid for somehow.

BTW, We're working on the pigs in tuxedos. Right now, we are trying to find a seamstress willing to do what it takes to get the measurements.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family

Postby Kerry Tobin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Just a note: The motorcycle law specifically states that a DB meter is not required for enforcement...

Other note, I'm taking a motorcycle class right now to get my license, however, I hate loud bikes!

raye995
Beginner
Beginner

Postby raye995 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Who eats donuts :?:

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”