Boo Starbucks

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Boo Starbucks

Postby Catfish » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:13 am

Boo Starbucks, good thing we don't have one up here. But we all end up in the city once in a while and this you should know. This was e-mailed to me from a friend in Colorado.

I have indeed confirmed the fact that Starbucks charged rescue workers $130.00 for 3 cases of bottled water on September 11, 2001, so the following info that was passed on to me would not be surprising to me at all!!

Dear everyone: Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get out in the open. Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in OIF wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee and try to score some free coffee grounds. Starbucks wrote back telling the Marines thanks for their support in their business, but that they don't support the War and anyone in it and that they won't send them the Coffee. So as not to offend them we should not support in buying any Starbucks products. As a War vet and writing to you patriots I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this War might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street to street and house to house for what they and I believe is right. If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and I'll never know. Thanks very much for your support to me, and I know you'll all be there again here soon when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis,
Sgt Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT RTO

Nimble
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Work

Re: Boo Starbucks

Postby Nimble » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:45 am

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid= ... mendations

I won't list my former rank or unit from when I too served in the Marine Corps. I don't know why people do that or what that has to do with anything!

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family

Postby Kerry Tobin » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:00 am

Don't believe anything sent to you in emails. A huge percentage of them are false.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

One Starbucks employee made a mistake on 9/11. Overall, Starbucks actually donated over $1,000,000 in supplies to the recovery effort.

As far as the bigger claim? The original author as written a letter attempting to retract it.

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Really ?? If that's the case then I'll be going, Huh?? Could it be that the reply that said it was false is false ?? Couldn't that work both ways ??

Floyd Alvin
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Past Resident

Postby Floyd Alvin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Agree Kerry, I don't even read those emails. There are not many that are accurate. Most of them are coming out of people with tho much time on their hands and some sort of ax to grind.

I get over 300 emails a day and don't have time to read the ones I should read let alone the ones like the these.

Return to “General Discussion”