Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: State Budget
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:23 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Have you seen what those idiots down in madison came up with for a state budget ? Sure fix for a struggling economy, spend yourself into a hole and then raise taxes.

Definitly time to boot out all of them and get a fresh start with a whole new senate, assembly and governer! ! ! :x :twisted:

Seize the Day !

Post subject: Re: State Budget
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:43 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Old Scout for Governor!

Kerry T. for State Senate!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:49 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I accept ! ! :lol:

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
The thought has crossed my mind...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:21 am 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

As a whole this is not a bad budget and contained fewer non budgetary items than in the good ole nepotistic days of Tommy Thompson.

I would have preferred to have the driver card program for immigrants to endure they at least are familiar with the rules of the roads. It is difficult to understand why people would want drivers with no clue as to the meaning of the signs and other rules coming at them on the highway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:48 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

What make you think Illegal Aliens give a crap about "Drivers Cards" when they sure don't care about "Green Cards"? Another folly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:31 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The only thing we should be giving illegals Is a good swift kick in the *** at the border as we send them back to where they came from. :x :x

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:46 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

You tell them, Gov!

Kerry, I think you'd make a fine Senator or Rep. You obviously can deal with disparate personalities. Look how long & well you've dealt with us! (Tilt)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:07 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Old Scout wrote:
The only thing we should be giving illegals Is a good swift kick in the *** at the border as we send them back to where they came from. :x :x

Here you are whining about what you perceive to be a costly budget and you want to spend untold Trillions of dollars on finding, hunting down, sifting out, and transporting millions of people to the other side of an imaginary line?

Many of them have children and families here that you would have to tear apart to accomplish your xenophobic dream. Certainly as a great American you must know this as "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States..." per the 14th Amendment to the Constitution.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:02 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Quote:
Many of them have children and families here that you would have to tear apart to accomplish your xenophobic dream. Certainly as a great American you must know this as "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States..." per the 14th Amendment to the Constitution.

I can answer that in one word "tough" When they came across the border illegally they became criminals. Don't try laying the guilt trip BS on me, tell them that. If it bothers them that much they can take their family with them. Many come across with the intent of having a child here so they can be citizens and get all the free bees that you and I are providing.

If you or I break the law we go to prison and it messes up our family. Doubt if you will hear anyone telling the judge not to send you to prison because it will break up your family. They would just get a good laugh from it. What makes them so special.

Come in according to the law and they are welcome. Sneak across the border at night and I have no sympathy for them what so ever. They should feel fortunate, many countries would shoot them on sight.

At least I would know my money was going for something logical rather than being wasted like most of it is now.

Seize the Day !

Last edited by Old Scout on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:15 am 
Contributor
Contributor

There is nothing "imaginary" about that border. If you cross it illegally you are a criminal. Jail or deportation are the only answers to that illegal activity. Employers that hire illegals should also be jailed. Rid ourselves of that mess and we will save billions in unnecessary taxes and employee many of our currently unemployed citizens. Perhaps this idiot thinks they should be issued hunting licenses also. Given these criminals have a "constitutional right" to keep and bear arms according to the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:29 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I whole heartedly agree with the Scout about the swift kick and the "Tough". I am not "trained" to find and oust aliens, but I sure could find many of them in one day. Every town has a "China Buffet" maybe even two in towns. Go in there and eat and witness numerous young people that can't even speak english.They could march into the kitchen and flash their badge and demand to see proper documentation on the whole shebang. Go to Wausau, Merrill, Rhinelander, Minocqua, Medford or Antigo, Stevens Point etc just for a start. How many illegals could we roust in one day? After rousting the illegals there, head over to their houses with them and and get the rest of the litter. How can an untrained customer see what is going on and not the government. They don't do it because they don't really try. Those lazy bums on government salaries should be given a swift kick in the tookus as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:23 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Past Resident
The illegals in this country are what is costing us trillions of dollars. Getting rid of them is not near as difficult as the Open Border Cartel keep trying to brain washing us to think. They are working diligently on passing another amnesty bill. It is working it’s way thorough committee as we speak. Then the next step is the Open Border policy itself.

Obama, Nancy Pelosi and others form California as well as other liberals form through out the United States are working as hard as they can to bring these policies.

As for getting rid of the illegals that is done quite easily. They come here for three reasons,: Welfare, jobs, and to deliver “anchor babies”.

If you deny them access to these freebies the will not only stop coming but also they will start going back.

And yes, those that hire illegals must be prosecuted.

The law enforcement angle of rounding them up and the garbage the Obama Cartel spread about there not being enough buses, or enough cops or it would be too costly is just brainwashing.

The enforcement should be part of the every law enforcement’s policy every time an illegal is arrested. There is nothing stopping policing agencies form obtaining citizenship status and calling ICE and having illegals deported. It is not illegal to do so. I has become part of the political process that directs the policies of the law enforcement agency involved.

If you local Police department has a policy OF NOT determining status or not calling ICE when they no a person is illegal, then they stay. They are in effect “selectively” choosing not to obey the laws. Cities that follow this policy are called “Sanctuary Cities”.

The other problem that needs to be address is the “anchor baby” policy. This at one time may have been a noble idea, but is being exploited by immigrants and the coyotes that charge huge fees to smuggle women ready to give birth just across the border so they can be citizens. The parents then also are given special status. As soon as they get "status” they start working on smuggling in the extended families. This has become a huge business, they are actually impregnating women just for this purpose. This policy must end.

The illegal alien problem is real; it is costing us trillions and that cost will continue to escalate until it has bankrupted this country just as it has California.

If you want to opening support the “Obama Open Border Cartel” then have the honesty to do so. But to obfuscate the truths and pretend there is no problems or costs is morally wrong and intellectually bankrupt. Or as I believe I seen Old Scout once say, “That dog won’t hunt”!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:11 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Actually most borders are synthetically assigned and in fact it there are no markers you usually cannot tell one side from the other. In the natural world there are no countries. Hispanics will be in the majority by about 2040 so any solution must be a mutual political one rather the the ethnic purge urged by some.

By the way in most countries you do not have to be a citizen to get an international drivers license that assures you know the rules of the road.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:50 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Ethnic purging... This is more propaganda by the Open Border Cartel. No one is talking ethnic purging except those of you in favor of open borders using the term as a scare tactic.

Protecting our borders is not an ethnic, race or racist thing at all. It is legal thing. We have laws against people entering out country without following the proper procedures. This is pretty simple stuff. If you do not follow the procedures you are breaking the law, you are a criminal.

We issue drivers licenses to non citizens also. They key is they have to be here legally. As for other countries, I am assuming you have to be a citizen in those countries too. But to be honest with you I don't care what other countries do.

I also don't care if Hispanics are a zillion to one in majority; they still have to obey the law.

I live in a community that is well over 50% Hispanic, legal Hispanics. The majority of them are very concerned about the illegals.

Again, this is the Open Border Cartel trying to label you a racist if you are against illegals entering our country, exploiting our social welfare system, overtaxing our schools, running up health care costs, committing crimes and causing all sorts of other problems. This is not a race issue. It is an issue of law and economics.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:12 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Ask for a green card when they apply for benefits. No "anchor babies" allowed. Then deport those that can't produce the necessary ID. That wouldn't cost "Trillions" & put a short-term dent in the migration.

Nurse Nell, Don't you minister to a largely Hispanic congregation in MN? What is their take on folks taking a short cut when entering America?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:29 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

sagan wrote:
Here you are whining about what you perceive to be a costly budget and you want to spend untold Trillions of dollars on finding, hunting down, sifting out, and transporting millions of people to the other side of an imaginary line?

Untold Trillions? OHHH, I see! You mean Trillions of Pesos! For a second there I thought you didn't understand the value of a dollar. Surely it wouldn't cost Trillions of American dollars to pull up to Home Depot's and Lowe's with passenger vans and pick up day workers. And when they had the "Million Illegal March" a while ago, I don't think it would cost much at all to detain the protestors. You make is sound as if it is difficult to find illegal aliens. I swear, with the proper rectal-cranial inversion, it's not that hard. At least the money spent to deport illegals would actually accomplish something.

But, you're right, it's much cheaper to feed, clothe, and house them through government programs and amnesty. :roll: You know, the problem with spending other people's money is that eventually you run out of it.

sagan wrote:

REALLY? We don't let the children go back with the parents who were here illegally?!? Oh. my. god. That is just like kidnapping. How horrible! They must really... wait... the kids can go back with the parents? Oh. And what? We pay for the trip? Well, I guess they're set then.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:42 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

There are many things that are against some law but which the commission of does not make you "criminal". Some people drive over the speed limit every day. If you want to do something about the current immigration influx you need to solve the problems causing it instead attempting to treat symptoms as others have pointed out.

http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0503h.asp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:34 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Quote:
If you want to do something about the current immigration influx you need to solve the problems causing it instead attempting to treat symptoms as others have pointed out.

I would suggest you send that message to the president of mexico, seeing as that is where the problem originates. The problem is that they have a lot of people without jobs, (even with all the jobs our corporations have moved there) and their solution is to send them here to look for work and send the money home to support their economy. No matter how you look at it, they are breaking the law and that makes them criminals. It is a long stretch to try to compare it to a speeding ticket. More like burglary or robbery as they are stealing money from us (benifits) and not having to pay the price for breaking the law. Until the corrupt mexican government does something about it we need to get tough on them and do what ever we can to close the border and make sure that anyone who comes here does it legally. Until then take them to the border, point them south and plant an no. 11 in their back side to get them started. :x

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:04 am 
Contributor
Contributor

mystic wrote:
There are many things that are against some law but which the commission of does not make you "criminal". Some people drive over the speed limit every day.

Right, and if I get caught speeding, I pay a fine. If the illegal immigrants would pay restitution for the social security, welfare and other costs to the country, it would be a major source of income for the US. However, I don't see the migrant farm worker paying for much these days...

mystic wrote:
If you want to do something about the current immigration influx you need to solve the problems causing it instead attempting to treat symptoms as others have pointed out.

Not instead. In addition to. The short and long term measures need to be taken if this issue is going to be corrected.

mystic wrote:
http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0503h.asp

Evil Knievel could not have made some of the leaps in logic illustrated in the quoted website. His ramblings may hold a modicum of validity if he had properly cited at least one of the "studies". The one article he does cite is full of more foolishness than the above article. In it, he implys that the illegals must not be immigrating for the welfare because the state that has the highest welfare payout has a low immigration rate. Possibly a compelling point except for the fact that the state he is referring to is HAWAII!!! Wow! Hawaii has a low immigration rate. Good catch Captain Obvious! If only they were better swimmers! The other states he mentions are in the top half of the country. Odd that they don't make the 1,000+ trek for that extra 5% income. Maybe thats because the illegals aren't missing an opportunity, they're looking for a shorter walk!

However, the articles did supply me with fine examples of sensationalist writing for an assignment I have. Plus, I read them a second time because I needed a laugh. At least it was good for something! Thanks for the link.

Here's more of Ken Schoolland's bush league writing for those who are interested. PDF format. http://www.biblioteca.ufm.edu.gt/apee/pdf/999648.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:42 am 
Contributor
Contributor

You got it neup99, that's the sort of lies of deception that the Open Border Cartel uses all of the time. Coupled with fear tactics on how much it would cost, so therefore we can't do anything about it.

The fact is, this is a reality simple problem to solve. Remove the incentives and they stop coming and start going back. Deportation and stiff punishment for other crimes committed is part of but not the main focus of getting rid of illegals.

Just like the fear mongering suggesting anyone is talking about "ripping families" apart to deport the parents. No one anywhere except the Open Border Cartel ever talks about or plans on doing this. They throw it out every time they can to suggest that the rest of us are evil monsters.

The fact is that many of the "families" that are brought here via anchor babies rip themselves apart, abandoning the mother and child as soon as they get her. We had on mother here locally actually dump her new baby in a dumpster once the family was documented and the baby no longer served a purpose.

There are a lot of hideous side effects of the anchor baby problem that in their ignorance, the Open Border Cartel supports and encourages. Baby factories, crack babies, abandoned infants, selling them once they serve their purpose and out right killing them are just some of the problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:52 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

There are three things that would stop or at least slow down the illegals real quick.

1. No benifits of any kind, period, nothing !
2. Anyone that employs an illegal is arrested, fined and sent to prision !
3. No citizenship for children born in the US to anyone who is not a citizen !

It wouldn't take long for the lure of el norte to go away. If there is no work, and no one will pay your welfare, medical bills, or anything else why come here. All they would have to look forward to, is being arrested and deported with empty pockets for their efforts.

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:04 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree Old Scout.

I would add one other thing.

When any suspect is picked up or stopped for any reason, status should be determined and if they are found to be here illegibly, they should be deported.

Contrary to public belief, it is not illegal to ask for proof of residency. ICE has a program that works with local law enforcement. But they have to be invited in by the locals.