Packers / Bears

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Packers / Bears

Postby Catfish » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Hoo Hah!! How about dem Packers? about sixty seconds left of play and a hail mary pass from Cutler would have put them over the top. Then, Hoo Hah, an interception to save thee game. Sorry, da Bears, see you next time...

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Re: Packers / Bears

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Excellent.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

neup99
Contributor
Contributor

Postby neup99 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:25 am

I was working so I didn't see the game, but I looked at the stats this morning. With "Can't make the Cut"ler giving up 4 INT's the score looked a little too close. I heard there were some lame penalty calls, but still, to have to pull the game out at the end dosn't look right. What did I miss?
"There are two parties in politics: Republicans and Democrats. Republicans have bad ideas, Democrats have no ideas." - Lewis Black

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:01 pm

What you missed was a lot of mistakes on both sides, and some tough defense from both teams. Dropped passes, penalties that called back some good gains, and the QB's getting sacked and chased.
I think there were a lot of cases of nerves on both teams being the first game and all. Also it was hot down on the field and that may have effected them a bit, getting tired and cramps with a few injuries thrown in. Hope they settle down and play like they have done it before.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 pm

It's the Pack against da Bears. If any one expected sharp execution, they were dreaming. These games wind up as a brawl, no one looking great, but one team grateful to have survived.

Is it "karma" that Urlacher is out for the year after a legal, but nearly late hit on Rodgers??
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Brawl is a good description of the game. With those two teams it comes down to the last man standing wins.

Are you watching the late game tonight ? I am begining to wonder who makes up some of those rules. Just before half time the catch in the end zone was called incomplete because the ball was moving when he hit the ground. You hit the ground that hard something is going to move. He had control until he hit the ground. It seemed like a real chicken shot :wink: call. I always thought that when his feet came down in the end zone with the ball he was in and that was it. How about these guys that Stretch into the end zone with one hand and then drop the ball. They always say that when the ball breaks the line it is a touchdown. They never should have started the reviews. All it does is make the game drag on and lets them make these chicken shot calls. Let-em play and let the refs. make the call and live with it.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Return to “General Discussion”