Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Packers / Bears
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:02 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hoo Hah!! How about dem Packers? about sixty seconds left of play and a hail mary pass from Cutler would have put them over the top. Then, Hoo Hah, an interception to save thee game. Sorry, da Bears, see you next time...

Post subject: Re: Packers / Bears
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:25 am 
Contributor
Contributor

I was working so I didn't see the game, but I looked at the stats this morning. With "Can't make the Cut"ler giving up 4 INT's the score looked a little too close. I heard there were some lame penalty calls, but still, to have to pull the game out at the end dosn't look right. What did I miss?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:01 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
What you missed was a lot of mistakes on both sides, and some tough defense from both teams. Dropped passes, penalties that called back some good gains, and the QB's getting sacked and chased.
I think there were a lot of cases of nerves on both teams being the first game and all. Also it was hot down on the field and that may have effected them a bit, getting tired and cramps with a few injuries thrown in. Hope they settle down and play like they have done it before.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
It's the Pack against da Bears. If any one expected sharp execution, they were dreaming. These games wind up as a brawl, no one looking great, but one team grateful to have survived.

Is it "karma" that Urlacher is out for the year after a legal, but nearly late hit on Rodgers??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Brawl is a good description of the game. With those two teams it comes down to the last man standing wins.

Are you watching the late game tonight ? I am begining to wonder who makes up some of those rules. Just before half time the catch in the end zone was called incomplete because the ball was moving when he hit the ground. You hit the ground that hard something is going to move. He had control until he hit the ground. It seemed like a real chicken shot :wink: call. I always thought that when his feet came down in the end zone with the ball he was in and that was it. How about these guys that Stretch into the end zone with one hand and then drop the ball. They always say that when the ball breaks the line it is a touchdown. They never should have started the reviews. All it does is make the game drag on and lets them make these chicken shot calls. Let-em play and let the refs. make the call and live with it.