Beer Tax

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Beer Tax

Postby Old Scout » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:23 pm

After watching the news tonight, I have been having a good laugh at the tavern owners crying the blues over the proposed beer tax increase.
A few months ago when they raised the tax on Tabacco products these people had no problem with it because it didn't affect them. Now when they may have to pay more taxes you hear the whining and crying and it is the most terrible thing that could happen. I really don't care about either one myself, but it sure gives me a good chuckle.

It is OK to screw somebody else with higher taxes but leave me alone or I am going to cry all over the TV news. :lol:
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Re: Beer Tax

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:47 pm

Scout,
If my one of my escapes (beer) from all the higher taxes I'm going to pay for all of the bail outs & folks who were fortunate enough to be driving crappy enough cars to get a gov't freebie on the "cash for clunkers" AND get taxed further for my "benefits" from my employer, then I feel I have the right to whine about a higher beer tax.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Return to “General Discussion”