Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:39 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
I didn't know that they allowed computers in mental hospitals, but after reading the last two posts I now see that they do ! :roll:

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
It's amazing to see the responses generated by a statement wondering when WI wolves will take an interest in chasing people.

Mystic, The loss of a human life isn't a concern if it's a random act by an animal? Strange justification there.

Howaboutit wrote:
C'mon mystic... you make tooo much sense.. I mean.. these far side forums are mostly populated by the under achiever for rational thought. GUN in the woods at all times.. don't we all? I mean...one might have to make sound shots.. who cares what they kill.. just so long as it is DEAD.

The average non thinker needs something to hate.. wolves are now the hot choice. AND as everyone knows.. wolves are responsible for everything wrong with the tall mice population...........

A feeble attempt at sarcasm here or an autobiographical account (Underachiever for rational thought)?
By the way, I made no mention about being concerned about the effect of wolves on the deer herd.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Tie to Tomahawk: Hunt fish there
Spambot: No
Is that... all you yoopers got? I mean.. even your wives could come up with that... and that sez it ALL. :lol:

Just a riot.. shaking the cages of the braindead. :roll: WOLVES... yes.. the biggest problem in the north 'woods'.

One of my buds tells me the only thing this "newspaper" is used for around the 'hawk' is paper training pups.. and lining bird cages.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:28 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Does anyone want to waste their time explaining what a Yooper is or shall we just leave this fool in the dark and let him stay ignorant ?

Perhaps the next time he comes hunting or fishing someone will enlighten him :)

Kerry, is this one of those cases where it is time to lose this screwball ?

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:49 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Scout,
Why bother? Let the joker prattle on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Tie to Tomahawk: Hunt fish there
At least the joker aint no old fart.. or some nothing from a small town rag.........

WOLVES.... long live da wolves.. may they et ALL the danged tall mice in Wis.
:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:40 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Howaboutit, Why do you participate on this site? If we are all rubes to you and you are much our superior, then why would you want to communicate with us? You figure we're all old farts and brain dead. If all our hometown newspaper is to you is puppy training paper or bird cage liner then don't read it, or don't even think of it. An intelligent and important person like you shouldn't waste your time. You do like our hunting and fishing though. By the way, if you're looking for Yoopers you're in the wrong State. See, you're not as smart as you think you is. How are my grammer. A guy like you could let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:48 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Look back to others that have posted statements like these in the past. Debating with them or pointing out they are wasting their time does nothing but encourage them. Other forums call someone like this a "troll" and they feed off your reactions.

Simply ignore their posts and move on, you'll live a happier life in the long run...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:02 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Good point Kerry. But boy was that dissing us in so many different ways or what.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:18 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Tie to Tomahawk: My father was from Tomahawk. I belong to the Edwrd R. Bishop clan
Don't be so absolute in the belief that a wolf has never attacked a human. By saying it must be documented to a 21st century scientific standard you are then dismissing ALL historical accounts of wolf attacks. This is an arrogant and dangerous stand to take. Check http://www.aws.vcn.com/wolf_attacks_on_humans.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Work
Dogs kill about 25-30 people in the U.S. each year and this seems to be increasing. Wolves kill zero people in a year. So if Wolves can kill off some of the dog population they may be saving lives. The use of dogs to pursue, tramautize, and kill other animals (ethical implicationas aside) is very disruptive to regular hunters, woodland users, and wildlife populations. It is a sadistic, ativistic activity.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:58 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Tie to Tomahawk: my cottage and hunting camp
Nimble wrote:
Dogs kill about 25-30 people in the U.S. each year and this seems to be increasing. Wolves kill zero people in a year. So if Wolves can kill off some of the dog population they may be saving lives. The use of dogs to pursue, tramautize, and kill other animals (ethical implicationas aside) is very disruptive to regular hunters, woodland users, and wildlife populations. It is a sadistic, ativistic activity.

Wow. That is absolutly the most inane thing I've ever read.

The only sadistic thing I get out of your rant is your acceptance of indescriminate, unchecked killing of domestic animals by an overpopulated wolf pack in our state. I have more sypathy for the farmer who loses his stock. I have more sympathy for the grandad and grandma on a sunday stroll who have see their beloved terrier get its body ripped into oblieration.

I'm a "regular hunter" and "woodland user", and and the use of dogs in hunting is not "disruptive" to me. Your extreemest views DO NOT represent me or my views. Nor do they represent even a minescule population of hunters. The use of dogs to persue game is not sadistic, it is a natural act, as much a part of our history and hearatige as the freedom of speach that allows you to type such utter nonsense.