Where are the flags

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
allbutashy1
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Where are the flags

Postby allbutashy1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:21 am

I drove downtown yesterday and only saw one of the nice RED flags. Did someone misplace them. Because that was such a great use of the city's money. I sure would like to see more flags by other intersections like by the dollar stores and Dairy Queen.....NOT!

mrbrowns

Re: Where are the flags

Postby mrbrowns » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Regardless of opinions about the flags, I just wanted to point out that were paid for with a donation and were not purchased using city taxpayer dollars. I think we can all imagine what happened to them. I just wonder what the perps are using them for?
Gone Fishin'

deebug
General User
General User
Tie to Tomahawk: Been coming to Tomahawk since 1948 until settling in area in 1958

Postby deebug » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:05 pm

We all can imagine what happened to the flags. A few tickets to drivers who do not stop at crosswalks may put an end to the problem. I laughed so hard when I saw the flags. What in the world were they thinking of. A kid in one hand, packages in another. And holding a flag too? A total waste of somebodies money if you ask me.

deebug
General User
General User
Tie to Tomahawk: Been coming to Tomahawk since 1948 until settling in area in 1958

Postby deebug » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:15 pm

P.S. Try pushing a wheelchair or baby stroller and carrying a flag at the same time.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:23 am

If everybody in a group grabbed a flag they could have a parade. :lol:
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Return to “General Discussion”