4th of July

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

4th of July

Postby Old Scout » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:08 am

I hope everyone enjoys the 4th. It looks like it could be a bit damp but we will just have to make the best of it I guess. While we are celebrating here is something to remember about why we enjoy this special day.

Don't forget those who paid the price so that we could enjoy this day !

Remember: freedom is never free ! !
Last edited by Old Scout on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family

Re: 4th of July

Postby Kerry Tobin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Snopes lists this as not exactly accurate...

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/pricepaid.asp

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 am

We may never know the accuracy of the information about many things that happened almost 240 years ago, but it does make the point that there were many that went through a lot of suffering just so today people can have a 4th of July party.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

mystic
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mystic » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 pm

What is really sad (and maddening) is when a student brings something like this into the classroom. There are unfortunately people that get a thrill out of intentionally perpetuating distortions like this. I am not talking about Old Scout, he was just a victim of this sort of thing.
If all the atheists left the United States it would lose 93% of the National Academy of Sciences but less than 1% of the prison population.

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”