Seniors with no computers

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
deebug
General User
General User
Tie to Tomahawk: Been coming to Tomahawk since 1948 until settling in area in 1958

Seniors with no computers

Postby deebug » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:46 am

Just read how challenging it is to keep in touch with seniors who have no computer. Duh...... What happened to the good old telephone or the U.S. Mail. Pretty sad one might have to put out a little effort to those we love. I am sure a senior with no computer would be thrilled to receive a phonecall or a letter. I am a senior and have a computer but to those I know who don't I do send a letter (typed on computer of course) or call or print out information they seek on my computer. Some of this modern technology has gone too far for me. Sunnygram, Celery, or Presto???? No thanks...

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Seniors with no computers

Postby KEN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Whenever I`m in Tomahawk, or passing through other towns around the state, I always buy a few picture postcards. When my elderly relatives and friends without computers get them in the mail they are thrilled. It`s too bad picture postcards aren`t as popular as they once were. They`re fun to send , and recieve. I even send them to my out of state friends who have computers, and they like them also.

Return to “General Discussion”