Ggun control

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Ggun control

Postby Old Scout » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:05 am

I listen to the discussion on gun control and keep wondering. If all these changes were put into place they would control the access of the law abiding gun owners but how are they going to get the criminal element to go through back ground checks etc. They will still get their guns by stealing them or on the black market out on the street and it will make no difference in the long run. The only thing I can see that would help is the better updating of records so some of the applicants would be more apparent on the back ground checks and kept from buying guns. The gun show loop holes they talk about so much is not all that true. If you purchase a gun there you still have to go through a back ground check.

They call it common sense rules but I see no common sense in most of it. All it does is try to make criminals out of the honest law abiding gun owners and the criminal element will still have their guns and won't care one way or the other.
Last edited by Old Scout on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun Control = A steady hand and good aim !

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ggun control

Postby KEN » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:41 pm

'

"All it does is try to make criminals out of the honest law abiding gun owners" :roll:

'
I`d love to get into this with you, But , your thinking is So Flawed that I know there would be nothing accomplished.

Nothing I , or anyone, would change your way of thinking.

So , put on your big red "Make America Great Again" cap, hold your gun in one hand, and wave the flag in the other.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Old Scout » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:55 pm

your thinking is So Flawed that I know there would be nothing accomplished.

Prove it with some logic!

You are probably right, I would love to discuss this with you but apparently your opinion is set and you are not open to any other ideas or opinions. :roll:

You see only one side and obviously have your blinders on so discussion would be a waste of my time.
I would enjoy an intelligent discussion but I am sure the only way would be to talk to myself as judging from your comments you would come empty handed.

When you can discuss this in an intelligent manner without resorting to insults and ridiculous comments let me know.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Old Scout » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:32 am

There being no comment or discussion I guess it is time to add something else to think about.

Don't get me wrong, I care as much about the kids as anyone, but I think people are going about it in an emotional way rather than logical manner.

After watching all the marches and protests I got to thinking about their ideas of how to protect children. First of all they want to raise the age to purchase a firearm to 21. This sounds all well and good to a point. How about we look at this from a couple of different angles.
How many teenagers die every year in car accidents? :(
How many die because they are texting while driving? :(
If you compare the numbers to those who are killed in school shooting there would certainly be cause to be concerned. But do you see anyone protesting?

Perhaps we should look at raising the age to obtain a drivers license to 18 or 21 because most teenagers are not mature enough to drive safely. How about cell phones and texting while they are driving. Do we put an age regulation on cell phones?
Do you see where I am going with this? Age is a factor in most teenage deaths because we consider them be be mature enough to function within the responsibility. In some cases they are but many are not and many end up causing their parents to get a knock on the door from the police with bad news.

The numbers are there and sadly way to high. When are the kids and parents and teachers going to protest these deaths?????

Return to “General Discussion”