Firefighters called to structure fire in Irma Monday
A portable heater in the garage is the likely cause of a house fire firefighters from five stations responded to Monday morning in the town of Irma.
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call just after 8 a.m. of a structure fire at W3986 County Rd J, Irma. The caller indicated a fire had started in the garage of the home and was spreading to the home.
When the Town of Russell Fire Department arrived on the scene they found the home fully engulfed. Additional assistance was provided by the Merrill Fire Department, Pine River Fire Department, Tomahawk Fire Department, town of Russell First Responders and the canteen from the town of Little Rice Fire Department.
Firefighters were on the scene for about five hours. The Lincoln County Highway Department maintained roads around the fire as tankers hauled water from a hydrant at the nearby Lincoln Hills School. Lincoln County Deputies closed County Rd J for the duration of the fire.
No injuries were reported as a result of the structure fire that caused significant damage to the residence.