Virtual college fair will provide opportunity for students to learn about universities nationwide
For the Tomahawk Leader
WISCONSIN – Students are encouraged to register for a virtual college fair that will provide information on universities throughout the state, Midwest and country. Wisconsin Education Fairs, Inc. (WEF) is hosting the fair online.
“Wisconsin Education Fairs, Inc. was created in 1978 with the goals of coordinating and improving the flow of information about post-secondary educational opportunities to high school students in Wisconsin,” WEF’s website, www.wefs.org, states. “In addition to serving the high school student population, WEF welcomes to its programs any person interested in postsecondary education and military opportunities.”
WEF includes in its participant list all UW state universities and centers, Wisconsin’s independent colleges and universities, Wisconsin technical colleges, and many out-of-state institutions. In addition, many community colleges, specialty and trade schools, and the national service organizations, such as the armed forces are represented, according to WEF’s website.
The college fair will allow students and families to:
- Experience virtual campus tours and get additional information at their convenience
- Search for colleges by programs, size, location using filter options
- Watch videos and download materials helpful in students’ decision processes
- Schedule meetings and interviews with admissions representatives
- Chat live with admission representatives from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on event days (Wednesday, February 10; Wednesday, March 10; and Sunday, April 11)
- Join WEF for an interactive financial aid session from 5 to 6 p.m. on the event days
Register for a virtual college fair at www.gotocollegefairs.swoogo.com/wefs. After registering, students can log in and browse the fair at any time.