This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Old Scout 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Old Scout
    Participant

It was another embarrassing July 4th parade for Tomahawk. Somewhere on the east side of town the band director (and I use the term loosely) found some kids that happen to have musical instruments and asked them to walk in the parade and pretend that they were a band. They did not look like a band and didn’t sound like a band. I will admit that the drummer was fairly good, and that is all we heard as they walked past. If they are going to look like a band they could at least wear something that would vaguely look like some kind of uniform. As they were, they looked like a bunch of kids dressed for a party after the parade wearing whatever happens to be handy at the time.

I guess I am spoiled as for the many years the band wore uniforms, played their instruments as they marched in the parade and made us proud of our THS band. Now I know the old uniforms were warm and uncomfortable. My sister was in the band and can attest to that, but this time of year at least matching T shirts and shorts would make a big difference. I may be mistaken but in the back of my mind I seem to remember new light weight uniforms were purchased for the band some years back.

I am sure you all noticed the Edger band that had summer time uniforms and looked and sounded like a band. It is just a shame that our school band has no pride and puts no effort into their public performances. It would be less embarrassing if they didn’t show up at all and make our school system and the city look bad for all the visitors that are in Tomahawk for the 4th.

After hearing many people at the parade on the 4th making comments about the Tomahawk band I felt we needed to let them and the people who are in charge of the school district know how we feel.

Come on THS you can do better than this.

KEN
    Participant

I think this paper has basically shut down. No activity for over a month.
    But, Act 10 caused drastic cuts in Music and Art in most schools in Wisconsin. 😥
    Maybe they`re doing the best with what`s handed to them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.